Amazon music streaming in Yamaha Receivers

PravinJ

Hi Everyone,

I received an OTA update for my Yamaha Receiver RX V685 last week. Looks like they have included Amazon music streaming now, which was not available before.

The problem here is when I select Amazon Music in MusicCast App, it takes make to Amazon.com login, instead of Amazon.in. Even when I login using my US account, the streaming doesn't work.

My Amazon Music app couldn't detect the receiver either. Have anyone tried this? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Hi
I have exactly the same issue.
I can log to to my Amazon Music Account on my MusicCast 20 and RX-V585, navigate in all my music, but cannot stream.
I send a message to Yamaha support and they just proposed to reset my devices, which I find irrelevant as NET radio and deezer is working perfectly fine.
Maybe it has to do that the devices are not registered in the Amazon account.
Who could help us if Yamaha cannot provide an answer ?
Thanks for your help.
Julien.

One precision ... If I choose Amazon define playlist, and not "My Music", it works fine. So Maybe it is related to the Amazon account that logs to Amazon.com instead of Amazon.fr for me.

I didn't get any updates so far on my RX 485, i have searched on Yamaha india website and there are no firmware updates for RX series. Maybe they have removed the firmware due to issues?

I have the same problem with my new Yamaha receiver TSR-7850 with latest firmware just updated 10Feb2020. Has anyone heard of any progress towards resolution?

I actually have received an update sometime in December and Amazon music support is available. I haven't used it as I'm not using prime.

I have checked with Amazon prime app and it's not able to see the receiver. From iOS airplay works though. There is an option to connect Amazon prime music from yamaha av app, however it seems to try configuring using USA website and gets stuck without completing configuration. Anyone had any luck?

I have RX-V583 but did get the update, anyone with this model got the update and have amazon music in music cast app.

My reciever got an update last week, now the firmware version is 1.69. Not sure what the changes on this update are.. unable to find any information on this so far.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back