Amp suggestions for my Elac FS 267 Speakers

mrlalam

Hi all, I am new to the hi-fi world.

I am an avid music lover, especially of regional (South Indian) music.

I started my music journey last November with: a) an amp - Aiyima A8 Pro, b) a preamp - Aiyima T8, c) speakers - Micca MB42X.

I used them for a few days but didn't like the muffled sound of those speakers.

Then a friend of mine was selling his Elac FS 267, so I took them. I then realized the value of expensive speakers.

Now, my question is: I want to upgrade my Class D amp to a Class AB amp.
i missed a good deal of Rega Elex mk 4, which my friend slod last week. And told he has Marantz PM 8006, which he may sell in the future. I want to take an amp till that time.

I've seen a Yamaha AS500 for around 15k.

Is it a good option with my speakers? Or should I increase my budget and go with a more expensive receiver?

My requirements are punchy sound with clear vocals at lower vloumes.

I want to go with second-hand products because I may need to sell them off if I find another good product at a great price. I don't want to lose more money on them.

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to the forum..

AS500 for 15k is a very good deal, a no brainer indeed. Please check the classified section of this forum also, you can find some amplifiers.

Hi, welcome to the forum..

AS500 for 15k is a very good deal, a no brainer indeed. Please check the classified section of this forum also, you can find some amplifiers.
Thank you..
Today i have taken Yamaha AS500 for 15k..

Will test it and update..

If any of you have AS500, pls suggest tone controls configuration(dail positions) to get punchy bass, not boosted one.

Thank you..
Today i have taken Yamaha AS500 for 15k..

Will test it and update..

If any of you have AS500, pls suggest tone controls configuration(dail positions) to get punchy bass, not boosted one.
In your case Elac FS 267 does go very deep. Advice will be to not tinker with the tone controls . Also, boosting the base dial may make sound boomy and effect the openness and separation of instruments.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back