Amplifier option 150w under 2lahks?

U havent looked hard enough. Creek roksan Rega rotel arcam are all in the region of 1.5-1.8 lacs mrp.

U havent looked hard enough. Creek roksan Rega rotel arcam are all in the region of 1.5-1.8 lacs mrp.
Well you haven't looked hard enough my original post i guess :) Its hard to overlook these mainstream brands which you have named..
Creek and Arcam are class G these days and they don't even have a 150 watter, as for the
Regas, as much subtlety or finesse they may have, but they are certainly not powerful.
Rotel i don't like their sound signature much..
Musically Fidelity m5si above 2L, but i liked the Roksan k3 more..

Try a naim, you won't be disappointed, dont go with their power ratings, it doesn't matter

Or if power is really important, you can also get an audiogd master 10, it should be one hell of an amplifier.

Try a naim, you won't be disappointed, dont go with their power ratings, it doesn't matter
I know the naim sound well, mid-range with bite and attack bit forwarded, prat, in fact i have an amp in similar vain, the Exposure 2010s2 which i feel it's better than the naim 5i.. But I'm looking for something different now..

I second others when they say look at options matching your speakers because matching matters more than price. I can tell you my situation it definitely you may not like it as the brand is not a "status" brand. I have recently upgraded to Cambridge Audio used 840w power amp which delivers 200 watts at 8 ohms. It's real food although yet to explore full potential with a dedicated pre-amp. Costed me way less as it's used. Their newer partner 851w is around 1.4L

Parasound should have a class A amp in that price range (used to own one a couple of decades ago) - really high quality stuff, and drove my Snell C/Vs perfectly.

If I switch to solid state, that would be the one I get. John Curl knows amps.

Parasound should have a class A amp in that price range (used to own one a couple of decades ago) - really high quality stuff, and drove my Snell C/Vs perfectly.

If I switch to solid state, that would be the one I get. John Curl knows amps.

those days are long gone, even a less than 30w class A from Sugden costs more than 2L now

Hi anurag...

There is a British company called nord acoustics.

https://www.nordacoustics.co.uk/products

They make some great , well acclaimed class D poweramps, with class A buffers and switchable OP amps that change the presentation quiet a bit. They are also reviewed favorably. You can check out the above link, if you are not averse to importing them and all the associated issues.

Hi anurag...

There is a British company called nord acoustics.

https://www.nordacoustics.co.uk/products

They make some great , well acclaimed class D poweramps, with class A buffers and switchable OP amps that change the presentation quiet a bit. They are also reviewed favorably. You can check out the above link, if you are not averse to importing them and all the associated issues.

thanks, though unlike what i initially intended, but sounds good for some research..

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back