Amplifier Recommendation

ajeshjacob

Class AB Audiolab 7000A or Class D NAD C3050 with Dirac. Which will be best suited for Wharefedale Evo 4.4. Please help me in choosing one. Thank you.

I would go for Audiolab just because it has linear power supply versus NAD that has switched-mode-power-supply.

I would go for Audiolab just because it has linear power supply versus NAD that has switched-mode-power-supply.
Just to add to @bornfi, I have an 800W audio grade SMPS and a 550W linear supply to power my class D amp. And the SMPS hasn't seen use of more than 2 hours. But then the amp and SMPS manufacturers are different, not sure if that makes a difference (eg. operating frequency etc.).

Class AB Audiolab 7000A or Class D NAD C3050 with Dirac. Which will be best suited for Wharefedale Evo 4.4. Please help me in choosing one. Thank you.
What kind of music you normally Listen? accordingly the better choice could be made. Whar's are warmer speakers pairing them with Nad might not be a best choice Either go with Marantz\ Denon etc which are between Neutral-bright amps.

If you don't have the flexibility for placing your speakers anywhere in the room or don't want the hassle of meticulously setting up the speakers by moving them inch by inch and toeing them a couple of degrees at a time, go for the one with DIRAC.

it's one of the best ROOM eq tools out there and the results are 9 times out of 10 better than positional EQ.

If you don't have the flexibility for placing your speakers anywhere in the room or don't want the hassle of meticulously setting up the speakers by moving them inch by inch and toeing them a couple of degrees at a time, go for the one with DIRAC.

it's one of the best ROOM eq tools out there and the results are 9 times out of 10 better than positional EQ.
DB1989… You have so many pieces of equipment in your current system?

NAD 3050 WITH DIRAC IS BETTER .THE NEW DAC AND ROOM CORRECTION IS FANTASTIC. I AM USING THE M33 .THE NAD IS WELL PRICED AS THERE IS NO DISTRIBUTOR. THE COMPANY HAS APPOINTED DIRECT DEALERS .THE LIST IS AVAILABLE ON THE NAD WEBSITE .JUST PUT THE CITY IN FIND THE DEALER SECTION.

I wont choose based on smps or linear ps. Its the whole amp/package that one has to think over. Smps in todays day and age just like class D is not a bad thing. Manufacturers have tamed the devil called smps a while back.

Amp + speaker synergies are what matter in my books. With DIRAC you will have an added bonus.

i would add this to your list...has tone controls, phono stage...is class D..

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back