Amplifiers for Cadence Speakers

The 2A3 valve is relatively lean n detailed.

The 300B is all about Bloom, air n a sweet to magical mid range

The 2A3 valve is relatively lean n detailed.

The 300B is all about Bloom, air n a sweet to magical mid range
Sounds like best of both worlds! Any recommendations on amps to look out for in reasonable range..

ARCA seems to have incredible potential, waiting to be tapped. Source, amps. All would reveal different strengths.

I checked about bi-amping with Cadence and they confirmed it can be done. Since the woofers are tuned just like a sub-woofer, I feel it'll work well with class ab as well in this regard (this being just an experimentation).

down the line a more powerful amplfier will do lot good, I have experienced the same at our forum member radni's residence on his Cary amp.

Last edited:
I have paired the Cadence Arita and the electrostats with a VA-1 and Primaluna Prologue 2. Tubes used on the Primaluna were El-34, KT-88, 6550. Lets just say the KT-88 were 3rd in the list. Surprisingly 6550’s sounded better than the KT-88 in all aspects with a slight drop in power as mentioned in the manual but I didnt get the feeling it was underpowered at all. So power output isnt everything. This amp drove both the speakers very well.
Jolida el-34 amps also sound good.

Thanks for your note Manek, your posts on hifi forums, almost a decade back or more wrt cadence has had a great influence on me...

went for the 20 watt class A version of VA 1 and I'm very happy to say the least.

I earlier had the 36 watts version, would have been nice to do an a/b

Have demoed ARCA with an Cary audio with kt88 tubes...it had different presentation much more in control and louder

I'm however getting addicted to this 20 watter va1 It has a smooth nature to it.

Based on my experiences so far, ARCA will behave dramatically different on high powered systems...think 200 watts plus

Thanks for your note Manek, your posts on hifi forums, almost a decade back or more wrt cadence has had a great influence on me...

went for the 20 watt class A version of VA 1 and I'm very happy to say the least.

I earlier had the 36 watts version, would have been nice to do an a/b

Have demoed ARCA with an Cary audio with kt88 tubes...it had different presentation much more in control and louder

I'm however getting addicted to this 20 watter va1 It has a smooth nature to it.

Based on my experiences so far, ARCA will behave dramatically different on high powered systems...think 200 watts plus
Hi there.

The 20 watter is a gorgeous amp.
The 36 watter va-1 had an upgrade path on bigger/better caps from Seimens and better internal wiring. Amba had recommended it for a bit more dynamic headroom.

The Arca is a totally different animal. I have heard them bi-amped with two va-1’s(had mods in place to have a pre-out on one and bypass the volume control on the other) and that was a fantastic experience in itself :) and with the music that I listen to it was a combo to settle down with for a long time.

And then the arca with canasya, I dont think I need to talk about that combo. Cadence has a house sound and its best achieved with components from their stable.

Hi there.

The 20 watter is a gorgeous amp.
The 36 watter va-1 had an upgrade path on bigger/better caps from Seimens and better internal wiring. Amba had recommended it for a bit more dynamic headroom.

The Arca is a totally different animal. I have heard them bi-amped with two va-1’s(had mods in place to have a pre-out on one and bypass the volume control on the other) and that was a fantastic experience in itself :) and with the music that I listen to it was a combo to settle down with for a long time.

And then the arca with canasya, I dont think I need to talk about that combo. Cadence has a house sound and its best achieved with components from their stable.
amba did insist I get canasya (they had a refurbished one with 4 new tubes from nagra) ...it was a superb deal..was just out of my range, else which cadence fanboy doesn't want to get hands on one! But then I never dreamt I would have arca one day :)

Biamping is something I'm considering.

Thanks for the update on 36 watts upgrade path, seems interesting. So, a pre out from the 20 watter to the other amp... I wish I had the presence of mind to request pre-out when I got em..

amba did insist I get canasya (they had a refurbished one with 4 new tubes from nagra) ...it was a superb deal..was just out of my range, else which cadence fanboy doesn't want to get hands on one! But then I never dreamt I would have arca one day :)

Thanks for the update on 36 watts upgrade path, seems interesting. So, a pre out from the 20 watter to the other amp... I wish I had the presence of mind to request pre-out when I got em..
How much is Canasya with the 4 new Nagra tubes?

It's long sold, was at 3.5 lakhs from Cadence (refurbished), this is the lowest I have seen a canasya go..

The mod was a home mod It wasnt a cadence mod i think. But i am sure amba would have obliged. Whats the down side ? A loss of one source input ?

Biamped Arca, something tells me its going to be jes fine

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back