Amplifiers

rana

What is the best amplifier for KEF Q300 speakers among these?!
. a) Yamaha S500
. b) NAD C 326DEE
. c) REGA BRIO R
. d) MARANTZ 6003
......or anything else other than these?!

Last edited:
My vote for the NAD and MARANTZ but its all subjective really. If your budget allows you could also look at Rotel RA-04 and RA-05 and Cambridge azur 540. Rotels at that price pt dont have a remote though but IMHO, the sound is superior to all else mentioned here. Another option are the Desi amps which arent bad at all. Let me know if you are open to it. Regardless, make sure you buy only after auditioning and that you choose what YOUR ears like. Its your money after all. You may also like to get in touch with FM Harsh Khemka from Kolkata as he recently underwent the selection agony. Go listen to his system too. If I were you At that price pt I'd rather get my amp made-to-order from a knowledgeable gentleman. Much more chances of getting more from your money's worth. Either way, let me know, perhaps I will be able to help you.
Regards

Last edited:
Re: Amplifiers for kef q300

Thanks both of you. Between NAD and Marantz which model do you suggest? one thing more, if i choose 'all in one' kind of systems like Marantz MCR 603 or Denon COEL etc. how good will be the performance?

Re: Amplifiers for kef q300

Thanks both of you. Between NAD and Marantz which model do you suggest?

Please note this is what I have heard and my personal experience.
Both Nad & Marantz :eek:hyeah: excellent sound, sweet, clear Instrument, clear vocal. The main difference

The Nad has more bass & warm sounding AMP, warm vocals, clean highs but not extra crispy. Just perfect. You can blast the Nad and put your ears close to the speaker drivers and it will not sound shrill or harsh on your ear.

The Marantz more on the Mids & Highs, crystal clear vocals, presence, crispy highs not too much but just whats required. Bass in ok :indifferent14:just what is required for the kind of music its designed for.

End of it its what kind of Music you listen.
If its classical, Jazz vocal, Jazz, Blues, Sentimental Romatic pop songs Hindi & English which main focus is vocals than its Marantz

If its general music like Hindi, Pop, Rock, Metal, Smooth Jazz, Trans, Techno, Hip hop then the NAD would be better.

Cant comment about the other Marantz MCR 603 or Denon COEL etc. Dont know

Best of luck

Hi Rana,

Just had a question, have you focussed yourself on the KEF 300, if you ask me personally , I had auditioned the same during my system setup at Pro FX , first with their Denon amp and then with my Marantz 7004.
My understanding was that they sounded too boomy and the clarity was missing.
There itself , i also auditioned the Polk Audio Rti A3, it had a much more tighter bass and better sound quality.
My humble advice would be to not fix on a particular speaker , do your mix and match and arrive at a decision.
If you ask me ,I found the Marantz and Monitor Audio match to be awesome.

. a) Yamaha S500
. b) NAD C 326DEE
. c) REGA BRIO R
. d) MARANTZ 6003

The best is a subjective term that only you can figure out because your ears are different than any ones and so are your tastes. :) Aside of that goal, in the list of amps that you have put down, I would seriously look at the NAD 326BEE and Rega Brio R.

This is because of the warm sound of these components will be a very good match for the Aluminium domes of the Kefs. Also the continuous power and relative efficiencies of the speakers will ensure that you get good sound reproduction.

What sources are you planning to buy? This will also have an impact on what you will end up with at the end.

. a) Yamaha S500
. b) NAD C 326DEE
. c) REGA BRIO R
. d) MARANTZ 6003

Hi,

The answer lies in the kind of music you listen to and your aural or auditory preferences.

The NAD 326 BEE is detailed and analytical and has a polite and laid back quality about it. I have not heard it with the KEF Q300 speakers but suggest you try it out. NAD has dealers in Mumbai and New Delhi (Lakozy Electronics, who also deal in the PSB range of speakers) with servicing facilities at both places. If you like it, go for it.

Happy listening and regards.

thanks to all of you for extending your helping hand. My question is specialy for THE WALL-- does profx sells marantz amplifiers and monitor audio speakers. which speakers do u suggest from monitor audio?

Hey Rana,

No, Pro FX does not sell Marantz or Monitor Audio.They have Denon for amp and Polk Audio, Focal and KEF in speakers.
Marantz is sold by SKS Traders (Padmapukur, near Maddox square) but at a much higher price.
Monitor audio does not have a dealership in Kolkata.
I believe your question was which amp with Monitor Audio.
I have the Marantz and Monitor Audio combination and they are worderful together.
If you could let me know how much is your budget and your room size i can advice better.

well my budget is 50- 60k and room size is 300- 600 sqft. because i m going to use it in bed room and also in drawing room. sorry, i actually want to know the model name of the speaker from monitor audio aprt from Rti a3 which can replace kef q300 very easily with top notch sound quality with solid bass and smooth clarity. If something superior comes another 10k could be added up to my budget.
Another request, pls leave the name and cotract details of those dealers who's product you suggest, if you can.Thank you.:)

If you are trying to fill a 600 sq feet room , i'm sorry ,but a bookshelf speaker would not at all suffice.
You would need to go for a FS , whthout a doubt.

Rana , You can try the Silver series from Monitor Audio. But IMO I found the Marantz and the MA to be a Bright combination. May be some tweaking with the cables may bring down the brightness a bit. Also try the Quad speakers ( I have been recommending this speakers to everyone :lol:). The quads sounds very different from the MA. It has got a very good mid range and silky hi's. Also try the Dali Ikon series. The Ikon 2 is a super BS speaker and placed properly in a stand will challenge any floorstanders.
Reg the amplifier, Audition the NAD, CA , Marantz. All these come for almost same price tag. Also try a used Cyrus , Arcam, Musical fidelity, Moon, ....All these amps come for the same price tag too.

Amplifier Maratz PM 6002 / PM5004
with floor stands from wharfadle 10.4 / Paradigm Monitor 7
should be with ur buudget and good combo,try to audtion..

pls. give your opinion on bookshelf speakers not for floor standing because most of the time the system will be used in bed room and occassionly in drawing rooms. I have no choice of any specific sound signature. i like that sound which is smooth clear full bodied and is not fatiguing. Pls give your suggestion. Dealers name and contact if u can. Thank you.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back