An audio enthusiast from Chennai

Rajeshh

Hello everyone, my name is Rajesh, and i am a 2 channel audio enthusiast.
I am from Chennai, and live in Singapore currently, but i come down fairly often for work and to visit my folks here.

It is absolutely fantastic to find this forum, i hope to meet up and exchange thoughts with like minded people, and learn along the way.

I started out on a proper 2 channel setup with the Pioneer BS22LR with a Dayton audio DTA-120 4, then moved to a Marantz 1506, then a Marantz PM6006 with the ELAC uni-fi UB5. (other gear tried - Denon AVR-x3300)
Im now pretty happy running a KEF LS50 wireless
The Pioneers does duty in Chennai, my mom's serials never sounded better :)

Welcome to the forum. I myself am from chennai. How do you compare the Elacs and Kefs?

Thanks Swaroop!
Will be great to meet up sometime.
The Elacs are brilliant speakers for the money, but they are quite fussy with amplification being a 4 ohm speaker. I was driving it with a Marantz Pm6006, which worked well, but possibly more power is better.
I find that the Active KEFs are a definitive step-up in sound quality, resolution is way better and so is the bass.
And being a active speaker, it takes the guess work out of choosing amplification.

Last edited:
70/80's Rock is just Drug, Its not easy to come out of it :)So be there for ever;)

Absolutely :)
have you check out the "Guardians of the galaxy mixtape playlist"?
I've been stuck on that genre for sometime now.
Im running music through a Elac Discovery music server, and it is sounds amazing.

Hi

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find all the information and details in the valuable posts uploaded by fellow members....

Happy Browsing.

Hi Rajesh,

This is Selvakumar from Chennai too. Recently i too ventured in to 2 channel only setup.

Can you please define in words the Bass performance of Marantz PM6006.

Regards

Hi

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find all the information and details in the valuable posts uploaded by fellow members....

Happy Browsing.

Hi Rajesh,
I'm also from Chennai.Welcome to the forum. You will find many interesting info on this forum.

Welcome buddy. I am sure you will find a whale of information here.

Thank you Efernand, Ranjithkumar & Kannan. Look forward to all the interesting information on the forum!
By any chance, is there a chennai meet?

Hi Rajesh,

This is Selvakumar from Chennai too. Recently i too ventured in to 2 channel only setup.

Can you please define in words the Bass performance of Marantz PM6006.

Regards

Hello Selvakumar, i found the PM6006 the best value in stereo amps. When i bought it, it was 480 SGD.
I also had both the NAD D 3020 & the Cambridge Audio CX60 in consideration at that point, both were priced much higher in Singapore.
Budget was a important consideration for the purchase.

The ELAC UB5's are notoriously difficult speakers to drive, the PM6006 & the CX0 both did a great job, and i could not find a noticeable difference in sound , and hence went with the PM6006.

To my ears, the PM6006 had a warm sound, and very tight bass response with the UB5's, very musical sound.

Ive sold the PM6006 since then, but i wouldn't mind picking up one to drive my Pioneers in Chennai, when the price drops further,

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back