Anode Acoustics Tube PreAmp, New Delhi.

Sushant Sharma

So my first foray into a tube preamp is from Anode Acoustics, Delhi whose mention I heard from the forum. Tubes suggested were RCA Cleartops based on my music preferences and that's what i am using.

Here is my brief impression of the tube preamp and pardon my not so elaborate technical vocabulary and also my limited experience but I just wanted to share because I am happy with it.

Positives i notice so far are, it seems very transparent and has been bringing out more of everything in the sound. More bass and highs and more dynamics. Different recordings sound different and I am listening to music longer in each seating. Lot of youtube stuff especially sounds great. My harbeth C7s are doing more bass.

However the highs can sound too pronounced sometimes on certain recordings. That maybe because of the sound signature of the RCA Cleartops as I gather from the internet and also the builder of the preamp. But I haven't yet "tube rolled" so cant say definitely. The preamp is point to point wired and the power section is PCB controlled. The innards of the pre amp seem a solid and careful build.

Got a good deal from Nitin at AA ( Anode Acoustics and not Alcoholics Anonymous) and jumped into it and am enjoying the high with a beer in hand ;)

Last edited:
Oh absolutely...and thank you for sharing pic..

Frankly nothing else matters once the music is good and some beer in hand..

I might be around your area this year..Will ping you..

Regards
will be my pleasure to meet up. Let me know if I can help in anyway when you are here.

The anode acoustics site seems to be down, any update as to their working....

I checked with Nitin, he said its most likely a DNS issue, he is checking. If you want to talk to him I have his phone number I can PM you.

Hearty congratulations sushant :)

The preamp is indeed looking lovely. Very happy to know it sounds great too :)

I got into touch with nithin a month back, regarding tube power amps for my specific needs. And he seemed very friendly and knowledgeable. And above all, willing to customize to suit the specific needs I have. Very happy to have found him :)

Just waiting for my return back to India to finalize my plans. Glad and happy to have seen your post. Enjoy your music, and cheers in advance :D

Hearty congratulations sushant :)

The preamp is indeed looking lovely. Very happy to know it sounds great too :)

I got into touch with nithin a month back, regarding tube power amps for my specific needs. And he seemed very friendly and knowledgeable. And above all, willing to customize to suit the specific needs I have. Very happy to have found him :)

Just waiting for my return back to India to finalize my plans. Glad and happy to have seen your post. Enjoy your music, and cheers in advance :D
hi newlash,
I have put mine for sale just a few days ago. I would still say it's nice but then I haven't tried much that is available. I did enjoy it though.

Hi sushant :)

That's absolutely fine. This hobby is about moving on kit we still like and looking for the next upgrade. No one can call themselves a audiophile, unless they sell atleast one thing, that they come to repent later :D

I just sold my favourite power amp today :(

Will I repent it. I probably won't, as it was a overkill for my needs as my system has changed. So selling something is never a sign of poor performance :)

Hi sushant :)

That's absolutely fine. This hobby is about moving on kit we still like and looking for the next upgrade. No one can call themselves a audiophile, unless they sell atleast one thing, that they come to repent later :D

I just sold my favourite power amp today :(

Will I repent it. I probably won't, as it was a overkill for my needs as my system has changed. So selling something is never a sign of poor performance :)
I never said or thought it performed poorly. I might repent it but that's something we can only know in hindsight. :)
you are right about moving on. i just sold a phonostage today that I really liked. just like you, do I repent it, not.

I never said or thought it performed poorly. I might repent it but that's something we can only know in hindsight. :)
you are right about moving on. i just sold a phonostage today that I really liked. just like you, do I repent it, not.

Cheers one golden rule in life, never repent anything, there are always better options available, always.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back