another blind buy goes fine

prosenjit

hi all,

recently i bought boston acoustics A26 bs and A225c centre from hifimart itself,fantastic customer support and fantastic service
this was a complet blind buy.
i never listned to boston..
my plan was to change the stock speakers of onkyo 3400.
my concenrn was the ability to drive the speakers..by a entry level avr..
about sound as i only watch cinema(no music)..my demand was clear sound thats all..
and yes i was crossing my fingers it should not be ear bleeding..
all went well..

now enjoying the bs pair and centre..bought havels 35/- meter cable..for now..

the speakers are very good in fact.zero fatigue to ear..
thrustful dialogeu to my chest..well blended centre and front..

for music it is not bad either..
the legendary eye of the tiger song...when i was watching rocky movie..it played..
it is the patent demo song of profx kolkata..:D
so was easy to compare.

oh yes..i am now compromising on speaker listner distance..not to push the onkyo avr too hard..
its 70 scale..i never use it beyond 35..
for some tracks..yes a dedicated amplication will do magic with these speakers i think..

sound will be much better while i wll add stands..now they are(bs) sitting on a pair of thick books..centre is the good old towel/T shirt tilt and facing you method;)

one thing is to mention..
i tried in stereo mode..felt the centre is not off..i did not belive it..so crwaled to the centre and confirmed myself..surprising performance by the bs

Last edited:
Prosenjit, congrats. I am happy for your buy. Waiting for the pictures.

Being someone from Calcutta, can you throw some light on why you didn't opt for Sonodyne especially with the Durga pooja discounts and offers...

to nature lover
it is 35/- meter havells electric cable.not speaker cable.conductor size around 4mm dia i think.
no problem
i will go the shop and inform you the eaxact name and specs etc..

to rupam
hehe actually i work in jamshedpur,so nothing needed here this time.although sometimes it is needed here..i arranged these hassles for a TV buy for a friend

to sjith
there is different thread of diy pj..there are many screenies.check diy area

to premblr
well i have heard sonodyne,found little bright...and this boston speakers are being sold at the price as US price..so thought its a good deal..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back