Any Advise - TT - Upgrade?

deepakjeswal

Hi Friends - Have been on this forum since y'day, reading all the posts on upgrading & various choices. Has left me confused. A few days back had the urge to change my TT. Now I am not sure. I do not have the means , patience or time to really go for all those adjustments / settings etc.

What do I have? I am currently using Denon DP200 USB (I guess that doesn't even count as half as 'decent' TT, if I go by the posts here :p ) - but when I bought it, the urge to buy one was so strong I just went ahead with it. My honest opinion is, it's done pretty well for itself. Though, then, I wouldn't really know what a really good TT can do ! I could be - as one post had said - just a 'romantic analog' user (without really understanding the 'real' sound that could be... yet, I go after LP records like a dog running after a car!)

My question - if I have to upgrade - without going through assembling the cart/tonearm/etc etc -meaning, one of these 'mass machines' with an auto return ( yeah yeah, I know audiophiles don't like that) and a dust cover ( a must, since I live in a dusty place!) * AND * with a better sound - what is the best option available (first hand, preferably) in India ?

In short, what would be a step ahead of Denon DP 200USB ?

Or, should I continue with this one ? Or, can I affix an external pre-amp to this to make this one only sound much better ( I couldn't see any place on the machine as to where the pre amp will go with it , though) ?

(Maybe later in life, I will do a second upgrade to the kinds I have been reading about here, though even then I would like to just contact an expert and allow him to do the assembling for me, with me just telling all that I need :) )

Incidentally, I listen to largely Bollywood movies - largely oldies (Madan Mohan, Shankar-Jaikishans, Lata Mangeshkar, Mohd Rafi etc etc ) or at most nineties , and the few new songs that have been released.

I have a Yamaha RX A463 amp and Wharfedale speakers ( now those I simply love and adore their sound :licklips:)

Any advises? Many advises? :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back