Any noise filter for vinyl/shellac analogue records

vmscbe1974

dear friends

i would like to know if there are any noise filter available for listening to shellac records and vinyl? Kindly give me some leads.
Regards
Srinivasan

In the 70s, some of the Japanese amps had such filters, and there were also a few stand alone units that claimed to reduce the scratch sounds of worn LPs. They did gain popularity, because it was found that they screwed up the sound of the original LP in the process of filtering out other sounds.

In childhood days, I used to experiment with 101/102 pf (capacitor) to cut off highs (& hence scratches) You can try it using a volume pot, where one end of the 102pf is connected to the centre pin & the other to the centre wire of the volume pot of the amp. The other (out of the 2 left unconnected in the new volume pot) should be connected to the negative line/or the earth wire on the volume pot of the amp. Now you can adjust the cut-off level by rotating the new pot.
Its a simple & ver very basic design, will work as a tone control to cut down highs...dont expect very high results. just that you have the flexibility to adjust it acc. to your needs.

See if you like it.
Saket

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back