Any objective measurements available for Audio Products ( eg Indiq audio)

The plot thickens…
Amplifiers sometimes audition differently despite the traditional measurements suggesting otherwise.
Archimago posted a fascinating comparison between two amplifiers, to investigate why some amplifiers do sound different even if their measurements are not.
https://archimago.blogspot.com/2021/08/summer-musings-no-not-all-amplifiers.html?m=1
I have an issue with his method. (I may be wrong but....)

Aren't the amps measurements comparison to be done by measuring the voltage output? Why is he comparing the in-room response from the paradigm speakers?

Amps output should be compared using audio analyser vis a vis power, distortion noise. And then compare whether the amp reproduces the same source/input signal truthfully and transparently.

And why has he done only with paradigm speakers? Why not with revels/Polk reserve 200/JBL/KEF? How can he reliably remove any confounding errors of speaker ?

I think if you read it again you will find he has mentioned both.
He explains it thus:-
”This is despite both the SIT-2 and Hypex NC252MP having relatively flat measured frequency responses with typical 4/8Ω resistive loads”

I don’t know why he chose Paradigm over a number other brands.

A recent candid interview with speaker designer Andrew Jones (Ex TAD, Pioneer, ELAC, KEF (?)and now MoFi)
He talks about his design process, measurements, listening and knowing when the design sounds “right”

Back