Any Schiit Vali owners here

jit_devil2

There is a bit of excited rambling. Skip to last para for the question. :D

Well first of all, I know the Vali is an amp and am posting in the headphones section. But guessed it being a headphone amp chances of response are better here.

Recently, after quite a long time of stalking the same, I have procured myself a Sennheiser HD 650 largely owing to the kindness of one of our fellow FMs Jaibir sir(jai1911) who agreed to let go of his (very well kept) piece at a price I simply couldn't refuse. :yahoo:

As of now these are plugged into the headphone outs of my Cambridge Audio Azur 640a v2. I am aware that the 650s are very hard to drive but I think the Azur is doing a splendid job (volume knob at 12-1 o clock). Sounds beautiful and well rounded. There is nothing much about the Azur's headphone out on the net but I think I remember FM Tirthankar sir saying he runs his AKG K701 through them and is very happy with the outcome. There's a short thread in head-fi too stating someone much preferred the Azurs over the Little Dot mkIII with his Grados.

I am happy with the sound off the HP out of my 640av2. But was wondering if the 650s have much more to offer. So contemplating at getting a Schiit Vali. (Price plays a major factor) Was wondering if anyone here owns the Vali, specifically with the HD 650, and could share his/her experience with it.

Back