Any way to program this status Button from AV Receiver to any Remote ?

manofx

Hi, to check audio format which is being playing I always have to come to AV Receiver and press status ..

I am fedup doing this always .. any other way I can program this button to remote or any other way to watch the status of audio while watching movie ??

Screenshot_235.png

I am not sure of checking the sound format status in any other way . Though there should be a way to display from the remote of what is being played which I am not aware of . On the remote, I put it on "Auto" mode for the Avr to automatically detect the sound format.

Hi, to check audio format which is being playing I always have to come to AV Receiver and press status ..

I am fedup doing this always .. any other way I can program this button to remote or any other way to watch the status of audio while watching movie ??

View attachment 83756
Hi :)

A Logitech harmony remote can do that. You can add multiple button clicks on the AVR into one single programmable button on the logitech remote. So that when ever you press that single button, it will automatically send the IR signals for that combination of AVR remote keys to display the format on the AVR with a single click on the Logitech.

A Logitech harmony remote can do that. You can add multiple button clicks on the AVR into one single programmable button on the logitech remote. So that when ever you press that single button, it will automatically send the IR signals for that combination of AVR remote keys to display the format on the AVR with a single click on the Logitech.
If I remember correctly a harmony remote clones another remotes right ?? it can even clone AVR buttons too ?

If I remember correctly a harmony remote clones another remotes right ?? it can even clone AVR buttons too ?
Yes. It can. I'm using one such remote to control my tv, avr and subwoofer. I also use this broadlink remote which has android and IOS app. It too can learn remote IR codes. I use this remote to control my AC too

1712070696786.png

@mbhangui beat me to it :)

The logitech harmony was a pioneer at cloning remotes. Now things have caught up now, and there are probably lots of ways to acheive the same.

However, the logitech's beauty was in controlling a big chain of electronics.

My HT system at that time had many components. AVR, Integrated amp with HT bypass, Blu-ray player, Roku streamer and a yamaha streamer. If i just clicked the movie button - It would switch on the TV, shift it to the correct hdmi, start avr, shift it to correct hdmi, start roku, start integrated amp and shift it to ht bypass etc...

The above would take atleast 4 remotes and mulitple button presses to accomplish. but the logitech could do with just one button. It also had an app, which i had on a tab, and the buttons would be in the app too. It had alexa voice and phillips hue control too. It was very cool for its time, that was maybe 6 years back. Iam not aware whats new in home automation these days, but the logitech harmony system is still a must have if a lot of electronics are involved and ease of use is required for the family.

I really miss my Logitech remote. It was the jack of all functions.

I really miss my Logitech remote. It was the jack of all functions.
Yeah they are really good. But i dont need one now, as I heavily down sized the living room HT system. Just a TV and a decade old Marantz SR6011 running now. All controlled by the TV's remote itself via HDMI control. Life is definitely getting simpler by the day :D

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back