Anybody who can repair earphones cable (audio coming only on single side)

prateek_prakash

Hi,

I own a pair of Sony XBA3 earphones from 2012. Of late, the y-joint started acting up. Now I get audio only on one ear, and I have to press the y-joint in order to get audio in both the ears.

Anybody know anyone who can repair the cable joint so that I could use the earphones again? I really don't want to part with them! I'd be happy to pay up for the repair job...

Thanks.

Hi,

I own a pair of Sony XBA3 earphones from 2012. Of late, the y-joint started acting up. Now I get audio only on one ear, and I have to press the y-joint in order to get audio in both the ears.

Anybody know anyone who can repair the cable joint so that I could use the earphones again? I really don't want to part with them! I'd be happy to pay up for the repair job...

Thanks.

Visit the local skillful mobile repairer who can do the needful if its just the case of dry solder

Hi,

Thanks.

I guess you'll be better off upgrading to a new pair of IEMs in my opinion.

MaSh

Hi,

Thanks.
I have done quite a few earphone repairs. recently i rewired my colleague's Sony BT headset and also replaced one of the earphone speakers which had conked with a spare single that I had. I have also re-cabled a few earbuds and IEMs and replaced headphone speaker drivers in a pair of Bose AE2s. It's just that there's always a risk of damage when attempting such repairs. I would say that my success rate is about 60% taking into account all the repairs that i have done. In recent times, it has gone up by about 15%. But let me re-iterate that the risk of damage (both cosmetic and functional) is always there as companies don't want us to be able to repair stuff easily. So i wouldn't mind trying trying it if you are willing to take the risk. Also, ordering a new cable from AliExpress takes time unless you have a spare cable or like people often do, cut off the cable from another set.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back