Anyone from Kolkata ordered from Hi-fi mart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crosstalk

They asked for something called form 50. No clue what that is. Has anyone ordered from hi-mart? If so how did you get that form 50.

I checked online and it is confusing as hell.

me too ordered a DAC interconnect about a year back, did notrequire anything such. Looks like this is the standard regulatory tax form applicable for West Bengal for commercial products coming into the state. Usually sellers take care of this and if not properly taken care of then the package is sometimes seized and gets stuck forever, that is the reason why some buyers stay away from delivering into West Bengal

I have bought a centre speaker of Sonodyne from hifimart. However, the speaker was delivered from Sonodyne's ware house at Behala, Kolkata. I didn't require any forms. I am not sure if it is due to the fact that my product was delivered within Bengal or not.

On the other hand, while purchasing the speaker stands from Magma, he took care of the papers himself, but some tax related forms were required to be filled up.

They've OCTROI in Mumbai. I think Form 50 is a transport waybill for goods from outside West Bengal. I once had to pay for that at Sales Tax Office at Beleghata. You've to get the Form 50 from thre and have a copy of the challan and have it delivered to your courier / seller. I think it's applicable to heavy goods. They declare the goods as commercial.

It is not like from hifimart or elsewhere. If you are from West-Bengal so you will need to do all the form requirements. If the item you are ordering is smaller in size and if hifimart can ship it via Air so I believe there isn't any need for any form but if the commodity you are buying needs to be shipped via Surface mode so you will need to provide VAT Form 50A.

You can download VAT Form 50 from here: http://www.wbcomtax.nic.in/Act_Rule_Schedule_Form/vatforms.htm

Hope it helps. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back