Anyone owns or can get access to a Samsung Syncmaster B2230 Monitor?

ontherocks

Anyone owns or can get access to a Samsung Syncmaster B2230 Monitor?
I need it's real-time Digital (DVI) EDID.

My friend has one, will get the info by tomorrow. By the way, where do i find this info?
Thanks man.
Below are the steps to obtain the Real-time Digital (DVI) EDID. It will take just a couple of minutes.

1. Disconnect any VGA cable connected to the monitor.
2. Connect it with a "DVI to DVI" cable from the computer. I mean no VGA to DVI converters. Or connect it with a "HDMI to DVI" cable. Absolutely no VGA (Analog) connections/connectors.
3. Download Monitor Asset Manager (443 KB) program from here http://www.entechtaiwan.com/files/moninfo.exe
4. Install the above program. Do not select "Run Moninfo when Setup finishes" at the last step of installation process.

moninfo1.png

5. Reboot the computer.
6. Run "Monitor Asset Manager".
7. On the top left panel under "Display IDs", there should be an entry something like "SAM063F [Real-time 0x0081]". It should be selected by default. Do not select anything like "[Registry-Active]" or "[Registry]" or "[Sample]" or "[File]".

moninfo3.png

8. Click File --> Save as. Select "DI binary filed (*.bin)" from the "Save as type:" drop-down and save it.
9. Click File --> Save as. Select "Intel hex files (*.hex)" from the "Save as type:" drop-down and save it.
10. Click File --> Save MIF. Select "MIF files (*.mif)" from the "Save as type:" drop-down and save it.
11. Click File --> Create INF. Select "INF files (*.inf)" from the "Save as type:" drop-down and save it.
12. Click File --> Save report. Select "Text report (*.txt)" from the "Save as type:" drop-down and save it.
13. Click on the right panel under "Asset Information". Click Edit --> Select all. All the text on the right panel should be selected. Click Edit --> Copy and paste it in Notepad. Save the (.txt) in Notepad.
14. Zip all the files saved (Step#8 to Step#13), and post it.

PS: Actually the (*.bin) file saved in Step#8 would suffice, but I do not want to take any chances. :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back