Anyone with Amazon Basics 4K 50 inch firetv?

mbhangui

Yesterday I got my IT refund of 2lacs+. This was based on some wrong calculation I made regarding bank interest rates, etc and as far as I'm concerned this was a sunk money and now that I got it, it feels like a free gift. So I have decided to discard my current bedroom tv and I'm looking at a 50" TV to replace my current 32" tv. My wife says she wants 42" but viewing distance is 18 feet and I feel 50" should be minimum. I am not looking at something fancy. I don't like android. Most manufacturers will ship current units with some version of android and after 2 years, it will stop receiving updates. So android is a total no, unless you foks tell me I'm wrong about this. So the biggest plus I see with this tv is that the unit will receive updates as long as possible.

Other models I have looked at are the following

1) MI
Cons: Chinese and hence after few years, you can trust the Chinese to drop updates for android.
Pros: I believe they have developed a good service network in India
2) HiSense:
Cons: Chinese and hence after few years, you can trust the Chinese to drop updates for android.
3) Amazon
Cons: Not much reviews
Pros: The software will be top notch and same as what you get with firestick / firetv. Price looks too good.
4) Toshiba
Cons: Do not have much information about these.

I don't care much for video quality. Will not use this for gaming. Also not a fan of sound gimmicks kind of movies. So is this a right choice? Are there better TV available at this price range or slightly more.

1) congrats on the refund.
2) 18 feet viewing distance calls for more than 50 feet. At that viewing distance even 75 inches TV looks not so immersive and of course the cheapest 85" TV is TCL which will knock off your refund! Reliance digital offers it for 1.9 lakhs with 3 years warranty. But old model.
3) My opinion: 50"Amazon prime 4k for the price is okay but it is not so impressive due to the fact that Amazon's logistics is top notch but their electronics inventory, product line and supply chain has many complaints. I bought their washing machine which keeps growling with noise during spins and after not so good customer service, I bought an IFB eventually. Saving money mentality tends to fall on the use and throw category with such brands. Their R&D and QC are not up to the mark. Maybe you can think about an LG entry level. As they attend to calls swiftly.
4) If you want the best quality near 50 inch TV PQ which you told you are not interested - I think 48" LG A1 at about close to a lakh is the best choice. Second best is 55" U6G Hisense as it is a FALD. Vu itself has good TV models in their 50 and 55" range matching your price ballpark.

Yesterday I got my IT refund of 2lacs+. This was based on some wrong calculation I made regarding bank interest rates, etc and as far as I'm concerned this was a sunk money and now that I got it, it feels like a free gift. So I have decided to discard my current bedroom tv and I'm looking at a 50" TV to replace my current 32" tv. My wife says she wants 42" but viewing distance is 18 feet and I feel 50" should be minimum. I am not looking at something fancy. I don't like android. Most manufacturers will ship current units with some version of android and after 2 years, it will stop receiving updates. So android is a total no, unless you foks tell me I'm wrong about this. So the biggest plus I see with this tv is that the unit will receive updates as long as possible.

1) MI
2) HiSense:
3) Amazon
Pros: The software will be top notch and same as what you get with firestick / firetv. Price looks too good.
4) Toshiba

I don't care much for video quality. Will not use this for gaming. Also not a fan of sound gimmicks kind of movies. So is this a right choice? Are there better TV available at this price range or slightly more.
Check vu tv

Thank you for the suggestions. So Amazon is off the table. I will take a look at VU.

I finally went with Hisense 50A73F With 102W JBL Speakers.

suggestions. So Amazon is off the table. I will take a look at VU.

1) MI
2) HiSense:
3) Amazon
4) Toshiba

i have a 65 at 10 feet distance and it feels perfect, you should be looking at 75 for good experience from 18 feet, if not then atleast a 65 and now you have many budget QLED options in 65 inch ( toshiba/hisense etc etc).

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back