Apple tv

sridhar-v

Does anybody have any experience with Apple TV?

I had a look at it in the apple store & felt that for everything it was trying to go to the itunes online store. I want to use it only for playing my music & photos.

Does anybody have any experience with Apple TV?

I had a look at it in the apple store & felt that for everything it was trying to go to the itunes online store. I want to use it only for playing my music & photos.

Its a pretty decent unit. However a bigger challenge is divorcing apple and itunes. This is one of the core reasons that has put me off purchasing apple hardware. It does not appear that the design skills from their design/marketing departments have transferred over their software groups. iTunes is pathetic in my opinion!

WDTV, squeezebox and sonos are better choices.

Hi Sridhar,
I used apple TV extensively from 2007 to 2008 and it had a premature death in 2008.. Actually when I bought it not many products like that were available in the market and the reason I bought it because it brought youtube to TV for me which I needed very much to watch snooker in big screen. It was an attractive product back then but not any more since there are so many cheaper alternatives are available. It can't really handle many video formats. Audio and picture viewing wise it was fine but you have to keep your televison turned on. I guess for your need squeezebox is the best bet not Apple TV.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back