Arcam RDAC for 200 pounds from Richer Sounds

sgautam

Dear members, my friend is returning from london and he said he can carry upto 3-4 kgs of equipment. I am thinking of getting an arcam rdac which is 200 gbps - roughly 16k. Even if custom duty is levied it will cost me not more than 21-22k. Is it a good choice. Other options include dac magic and musical fidelity vdac ii at the same price point.

Can users pls guide me which will be a better option from the above. My music is ghazals, old hindi songs and classical hindustani, a bit of sufi.

Tell your friend to do the VAT reclaim thing. Richer Sounds (or any participating retailer) will give him the form (the fussier ones require him to have his passport there and then, the others will let him complete the details at leisure) and then go to the VAT reclaim counter at the airport. VAT is high in UK!

Thanks a lot. I am getting a musical fidelity vdac ii. Thanks to ur info I was able to warn him much earlier. I asked them to bring the arcam but it was avlbl in the streaming guise increasing the budget needlessly. So changed my option and got the vdac ii. The reviews note that it has a good midrange which I am after. Hope it gets along well with my other gear.

Richer sounds was nearby to them and the store had only 3 options at 200 gbp budget. Arcam RDac, CA dac magic 100 and this. Since the streaming model cost 250 pounds went for the second option.!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back