Are gaming headsets worth it?

msankadi

Hi

I game on my ps4 and oftentimes at night play it using my headphones to avoid disturbance to others. Currently I use the jabra headset that I use for work through the 3.5mm jack on my ps4 remotes. The audio and everything is clear.

However, I was looking at some gaming headsets today from steelseries, hyperx etc. that cost upwards of 8k up to 30k.

I use a jabra evolve 40 that is known for superior mic and audio clarity for business purposes. However, I am not sure if they can be considered even good for games.

In your experience, is there any advantage of buying dedicated gaming headphones or good headphones will be equally good (like the seinheisers or audio technical etc)? I can use them for songs etc too, that's why. Also, would both of these options sound significantly better than the one I use right now? How about the sub 2-3k options, would they sound better too?

In your experience, is there any advantage of buying dedicated gaming headphones ....
Just no "Advantages" et all as far as sound is concerned.
The only difference is these have MIC. ...and they all come in flashy colours and aesthetics that will make you feel they are lamborghinis and ferraris or anything in between.

Just no "Advantages" et all as far as sound is concerned.
The only difference is these have MIC. ...and they all come in flashy colours and aesthetics that will make you feel they are lamborghinis and ferraris or anything in between.
Oh I dont need a mic plus the mic on jabra is its usp so mostly it will be on par or better

I think with a quality headphone and quite often these are not 'gaming' headphones, you will get better positional cues in games as the soundstage is better. It will be easier to get oneself immersed in the game if the ambient sound is of better delivery.
I use a HyperX Cloud Alpha, ostensibly enough not for gaming!
I use it for work mostly and occasional light gaming. It has a good microphone and is decent for music, so doubles up as a listening headphone during long work hours, that was the purpose behind the purchase.

the mic on the jabra 40 is very, very good. It's beaten only by its bigger brothers - evolve 65, 75 etc which have even better Noise cancellation
These other gaming headphones may give you good bass and boom, and highs, The bass is something you will miss, but the highs - unless you are one of those players who can play with footsteps alone, you are not missing much. A combination of communication, audiophile and gaming is the Epos series of headsets which are made my sennheiser

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back