Arylic S50

Sandesh

Hi guys Any views on the DAC on the S50 pro-wireless? I’m going in for a brand new DAC to pair it with my Pioneer BS22 Bookshelves and my Onkyo TXDS676 AVR (intend your move to a Norge pre and power amp a bit later.) Any advice would be great as I have a limited budget (10k-15k). Thanks in advance!

Never heard of this brand Arylic, although its name sounds like the high-end brand Auralic.

If you're planning to get a Bluetooth DAC from the US, here are a few bang-for-buck options around your budget:

Topping D50

SMSL M300

ifi Nano I one

ifi Zen

Schiit Modius
This one is being brought by DIYcart audio to India and I was wondering if it’s worthwhile...currently seems like all the popular DACs are out of stock! I need a dac with optical, coaxial, rca,usb inputs so I can Connect to my CD player,iPhone,tape/vinyl player...

Also I need a dac that’s able to beat the following DACs on my equipment like LGC9 TV, iPhone sE, NAD CD player...

Contact Siva from Acoustic Portrait and mention your requirements. He might come up with a customized solution for you.

Also I need a dac that’s able to beat the following DACs on my equipment like LGC9 TV, iPhone sE, NAD CD player...
Are you using the line out on c9 , lg has a pure line out, it’s decent in my opinion, nothing extra ordinary. An iPhones dongle is as good as an entry level dac. It’s lightly less noisy than an iPhone with a headphone out, (I never had one after iPhone 6s) But the x and 11 Series which are virtually identical in terms of audio.

Schiit Modi 3 may do the job for you. Chord mojo is a totally inconvenient option which is a definite improvement with everything you need but the battery on that gets damaged if used through on a usb everyday.schiit modius has balanced out put over modi 3 if you need it. Topping d50s and smsl su8! Also are an improvement over your current devices

Are you using the line out on c9 , lg has a pure line out, it’s decent in my opinion, nothing extra ordinary. An iPhones dongle is as good as an entry level dac. It’s lightly less noisy than an iPhone with a headphone out, (I never had one after iPhone 6s) But the x and 11 Series which are virtually identical in terms of audio.

Schiit Modi 3 may do the job for you. Chord mojo is a totally inconvenient option which is a definite improvement with everything you need but the battery on that gets damaged if used through on a usb everyday.schiit modius has balanced out put over modi 3 if you need it. Topping d50s and smsl su8! Also are an improvement over your current devices
What do you think of the above Arylic device? The Dacs you mention are very tough to get at this point of time. Headphonezone will get the Modi only after 6-8 weeks and all their dacs except some very basic ones are sold out...

What do you think of the above Arylic device? The Dacs you mention are very tough to get at this point of time. Headphonezone will get the Modi only after 6-8 weeks and all their dacs except some very basic ones are sold out...
Never heard about them. No measurements avaialable. So no idea, unfortunately.

Hi guys Any views on the DAC on the S50 pro-wireless? I’m going in for a brand new DAC to pair it with my Pioneer BS22 Bookshelves and my Onkyo TXDS676 AVR (intend your move to a Norge pre and power amp a bit later.) Any advice would be great as I have a limited budget (10k-15k). Thanks in advance!

did u buy this?

Got arylic recently but what it does with streaming is not what I expected from a streaming "radio" unit.
In the scenario when I switch it on, then with my phone (4stream app) I select an Internet radio stream to play, then I switch it OFF and switch On again it re-establish WiFi connection but doesn't resume playback automatically. Each time I have a trouble with my phone to select my favorite radio which is absolutely abnormal and makes arylic mostly useless. May be I got something wrong but arylic products are lacking documentation. I'm trying to find a solution, may be someone already fixed that?

Oh okay indeed yamaha is a gud choice
ok arylic S50pro too has coax out

Got arylic recently but what it does with streaming is not what I expected from a streaming "radio" unit.
In the scenario when I switch it on, then with my phone (4stream app) I select an Internet radio stream to play, then I switch it OFF and switch On again it re-establish WiFi connection but doesn't resume playback automatically. Each time I have a trouble with my phone to select my favorite radio which is absolutely abnormal and makes arylic mostly useless. May be I got something wrong but arylic products are lacking documentation. I'm trying to find a solution, may be someone already fixed that?
Can u confirm:-
1.Does it have coax out?
2.Does it have Airplay 2?
3.any issues u faced?

asking coz am deciding btw this and yamaha WX-C50.arylic seems to be 10k cheaper atleast

Hi guys
I am also looking for a streamer. Any idea about how this will be as a streamer/ transport ? Will be connecting it to a external dac so will just be using this as a transport.
cheers

Hi guys
I am also looking for a streamer. Any idea about how this will be as a streamer/ transport ? Will be connecting it to a external dac so will just be using this as a transport.
cheers
Hi eveyone
So I can share my experience with the Arylic S 50 preamp/streamer. I wanted a multi room multi zone solution streaming options the ability to use an external dac if desired and reasonable cost. The S50/A50 fit the bill. Have had them since 11/2020. No issues with set up. Sound quality is excellent I stream FLAC from my computer as well as a NAS attached to my router, Amazon unlimited HD, Spotify and Pandora. All no issues. HI def tracks sound great. In my main listening room I use my external dac an SMSL Mk 300 II via optical out. I also use the rca line outs on the same S50 to drive another amplifier. I input XM radio as a line in, my other components CD/phono via coax in from my integrated and that’s it.honestly the internal dac on the S50 is pretty good the improvement with the SMSL is minimal (subjective opinion:)

Back