Asrock B450m Pro4-F Centre/Subwoofer Audio Output through AV Receiver

PraneethMv

I had built a PC a couple months ago and for audio I hooked it up with Yamaha RX-V357 AV Receiver (5 speakers and Subwoofer connected to it). I used RCA to 3.5mm jack cables from Amazon Basics to connect my Asrock B450m Pro4-F to the receiver (using the Blue, Green, pink ports on the back). My receiver is set to 6Ch Input but the problem I'm facing is I'm not getting any output from Centre speaker at all. I tried the Sound configuration wizard in Control Panel and the Realtek Audio Manager too. (All drivers are up to date)
This is my Realtek Audio Manager Screen:
image.thumb.png.f12de69e247d9e40430fb5a33cc4510b.png
image.thumb.png.b8b7e204badaeb72100abcba014e1a9b.png

No matter what option I try, there's just no sound from Centre speaker. The speaker as such works because I tried using it as a front speaker.
My last option was to buy a HDMI to RCA cable so that I can use HDMI ARC from my TV to connect it to Yamaha for 5.1
Any help appreciated! Will send any picture/screenshot needed.

Hi, just connect your mobo/gpu and receiver using HDMI , there must be hdmi ports behind the receiver labeled with pc or game.
You do not need the back audio ports of your mobo or any component cable.
HDMI do all.
When you turn on your pc and receiver, just select the used HDMI using remote.
Either pc or game, whichever port you used to connect to your pc.

The center speaker should work.

Hi, just connect your mobo/gpu and receiver using HDMI , there must be hdmi ports behind the receiver labeled with pc or game.
You do not need the back audio ports of your mobo or any component cable.
HDMI do all.
When you turn on your pc and receiver, just select the used HDMI using remote.
Either pc or game, whichever port you used to connect to your pc.

The center speaker should work.
Hi! Thanks for replying!
Actually that's the major problem, Yamaha RX-V357 does not have a HDMI input for audio.

i think you have to connect 6 cables for a 5.1 setup, although i never used rca cable and audio input to connect my avr to pc.

I'm facing is I'm not getting any output from Centre speaker at all.
Try connecting Earphone/Headphone to that jack and run test tone in realtek/PC.
If you can hear it, then your video playing software has to be set properly to send 5.1 . Also make sure that in playback device(Windows) you have to config speakers as 5.1(not only in Realtek).

If this is not helping, then try using different realtek drivers (newest or even older).If this fails ,then can be an motherboard issue.

Does your motherboard have an optical out? If yes, use that. Else get an hdmi audio extractor to feed your AVR signal over optical.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back