Audio Technica Cartridges - Please Rate

Hi Saket,
Yes you are right.Shure have reduced their stylus prices.It was $ 70,some sites still having it @ $75
Shure N97xE Replacement Stylus. Worlds Largest Selection of Needles. 1-800-229-0644.
BTW: M97xe is much cheaper at Amazon
Amazon.com: Shure M97xE High-Performance Magnetic Phono Cartridge: Electronics

EDIT: M44 is also available @ $53 at Amazon Amazon.com: Shure M44-7 Standard DJ Turntable Cartridge: Musical Instruments
Regards,
Sachin

Thanks sachin for the confirmation. I bought Shure cart from Sungroup, New Delhi & paid that much. I knew that on amazon its available for less than that but frankly speaking, I have no experience of international shopping. I dont know the method for shopping through amazon. I hope somebody having such experience helps me out on this.

Thanks,
saket

Your idea of keeping a separate headshell mounted with a cart is good enough for selective records, but I would tend to disagree with your point that stylus costs almost as much as the cart. The stylus N44-7 for M44 Cart is around 1900 INR while the cart (with stylus) is 4900 INR. I am not aware if cartridges come without the stylus, & even if they do, there will be significant difference (4900-1900=3000).
Please let me know if I have missed out something.

Regards,
Saket

Sachu is right Saket, in most American stores, the stylus is only a few dollars less than the cart+stylus combo itself. However there are multiple vendors out there and some searching could get you a good price. Not very convenient to have separates for different types of records as you'll have to keep switching headshells and calibrating your TT all the time but its the way to go. Avoid using your new stylus on old worn/damaged records. Keep an older stylus for these.

I personally believe that you must use only the matching stylus for any cart. This is especially the case with the M44-7. However if you use older Shure carts like the M75-6, you can try different type of stylii. The M75-6 is one of my favourite carts and my dad's (which I inherited) is currently doing duty with FM gopib.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back