Audiolab 6000N

girishtd8262

Hi anyone using audiolab 6000N network streamer.please give your valuable feedback.i have audiolab m dac plus dac.interested to know more about it.thanks
How is the sound quality compared to chrome cast audio

@girishtd8262 compared to the Chromcast Audio, there is a very noticeable improvement. I hooked it (a loaned one) to my AL6000a, and it was fantastic. The app is not the smoothest, but miles better than a lot of others out there. I have no comparison to provide with the MDac plus, but I know the dac chip in N is the same as the M-dac. Very capable chip.

I am not sure if you are planning on replacing the M-dac Plus or you want to introduce the N to the chain. If you include it in the chain, perhaps brilliant, if not it will still be better than the ChromCast Audio :)

@girishtd8262 compared to the Chromcast Audio, there is a very noticeable improvement. I hooked it (a loaned one) to my AL6000a, and it was fantastic. The app is not the smoothest, but miles better than a lot of others out there. I have no comparison to provide with the MDac plus, but I know the dac chip in N is the same as the M-dac. Very capable chip.

I am not sure if you are planning on replacing the M-dac Plus or you want to introduce the N to the chain. If you include it in the chain, perhaps brilliant, if not it will still be better than the ChromCast Audio :)
Hi I bought Cambridge audio cxn v2 streamer which has dac and preamp so decided to let mdac plus as I don't require two dacs.

Has anybody compared Audiolab 6000 N play with Bluesound node 2i?
Which sounds better purely for streaming purpose not for playing music from attached NAS drive?
Sound quality wise I can’t tell you which one is better, as they are both very good, the preference comes to personal taste.

The 6000N I had for around 3 weeks that I did, I experienced 1 or 2 small bumps while setting it up, later it did give me trouble with WiFi connectivity issues, Bluetooth connectivity & pairing issues, the Play Fi App - had some issues too. They were however just minor inconveniences - nothing major and not very frequent either, so absolutely not a deal breaker.

The BluSound Node 2i - I have had for a around a month or more - setup was a breeze - no hiccups, it has not dropped WiFi since, BT never dropped (though I have not tested BT extensively), the app is extremely simple but functional and works smoothly.

I am a sucker for convenience and hence the Node 2i was a clear winner for me, as everytime I press the wall switch on, I am ready to just play music, I have to do nothing.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back