Audyssey/YAPAO room acoustics corrections and ROOM acoustic treatment

rdksrk2013

While researching for selection of AVR, one of the common feature that we come across is the room acoustic correction feature(or whatever is called !!) audyssey/YPAO.

I need to understand the following:

1. Does the Audyssey/YPAO solve the problem of room acoustics correction even without acoustic treatment using diffusers & absorbers?

2. Is it the same as acoustic treatment or acoustic treatment is totally different?

3. Can I avoid room acoustic treatment of my HT room if I use AVR EQ Audyssey/YPAO?

Can members share their knowledge on the same?

While researching for selection of AVR, one of the common feature that we come across is the room acoustic correction feature(or whatever is called !!) audyssey/YPAO.

I need to understand the following:

1. Does the Audyssey/YPAO solve the problem of room acoustics correction even without acoustic treatment using diffusers & absorbers?

2. Is it the same as acoustic treatment or acoustic treatment is totally different?

3. Can I avoid room acoustic treatment of my HT room if I use AVR EQ Audyssey/YPAO?

Can members share their knowledge on the same?

From my experience, I used Denon's (2310) Audyssey correction in my living room and it made the AVR sound totally CRAP especially for music listening. For movies it was still okay, but nothing improved. The highs were boosted, bass become over exaggerated and boomy. I then turned off all the equalization and just used the distance and speaker level setting done by the Audyssey auto configuration.

-John.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back