AV Dealers in Gujarat

paritosh

Hi Friends,

I've been searching for AV dealers in our state. I'm from Rajkot and had visited Ahemedabad this week where I found a good no of dealers having good array of brands. Here are a few of them. I'll attach a list later, but find an assortment bellow.

Ahemedabd, CG Road

Loud and Clear
Nr. Rock Regency Hotel
for Jamo, Wharfedale, Anthony Galow

Vibrations
Pareesima Annexie (Jade Blue)
for Wharfedale, Marantz

Yamaha AV Square
C/o Mozart Music
Sachet 2
Nr. Cafe Coffee Day

Bose
Iscon Arcade

all these showrooms are in the one block itself on the CG road

Neon Vision
ProFX dealer
Ambli-Bopal Road
for Polk, Kef, Dali, Boston

Rhythm Solutions
Near SAL
for Cambrodge, Monitor Audio

Pavillion
Onkyo dealer
Opp. Jai Shefali Raw Houses
On Sattelite Rd., Shivranjani Cross Rd

Its great to have a list of AV Dealers in Ahmedabad. Atleast there are some options for the AV enthusiast. But if you are serious about your AV, you will need to make a trip to one of the metros to check out your options and get better prices. I feel that the prices quoted by most of the dealers in Ahmedabad is far more than that in the Metros. I can understand a small difference; but sometimes the price difference is outrageous. I was looking around for a Marantz 6003 CDP recently. One of the dealers in Ahmedabad who stocks Marantz wanted 27K for it with B&W, whereas the same CDP was easily availabe in the Metros for around 21-23K with B&W. I finally picked up the CDP through the forum group buy for 17.5K.

I also feel that most of these dealers cater more towards the mass market AV needs, and really have no idea about "quality", system matching etc. Not very different from the case in Delhi, where I used to stay before moving to Ahmedabad. I have heard good things about some dealers in Mumbai and B'lore though!. There are exceptions always (Viren Bhakshi from Lyrita Audio in Delhi comes to mind); yet to come across a "true" enthusiast dealer in Ahmedabad.

Cheers,
APK

Its absolutely accurate about prices-they are obscene. You generally are quoted mrp. In my deal, I got a 10% discount on mrp.

As far quality dealers are concerned, I found Mr. Karan Gandhi of Loud & Clear a really knowledgeable guy and audio enthusiast . So is Mr. Vipul Shah of Vibrations. Mr. Premal Joshi of Rajkot's Onkyo shop is also a good help.

But, on top of the list, I would put Mr. Fenil Mehta of Sound & Acaustic Design, Bhavnagar. He's the guy I'm purchasing my Paradigm Monitor 7V6 with Onkyo 8030 Amp. He is a true audiophile. In the business for his love for music more than for business purpose. He is a true Bhavnagari also. He has done many theater projects in Mumbai.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

FX Entertainment s Dealer is in Anand town, He deals in marantz and denon, PSB also. His no is 99250 24757//98252 24757 - Ankur of SOund Sense , Krishna Tower Anand (

Hi guys,

Thanks for sharing. However, I noticed all the dealers mentioned are for international brands.

I was just wondering whether you are aware if there are any Indian speaker/amp company dealers in Ahmedabad.

Recently, I along with a professional music composer friend began auditioning for a stereo setup and the subsequent Hi-fi nirvana.

We went to Neon Sound & Vision as well as Vibrations, where we auditioned Denon, Marantz :licklips: amps/receivers and Polk Tsi/Rti, Jamo, Wharfedale 10 series speakers. Service was really personal and friendly at both places and we had ample time to check out the products for as long as we would like. A real surprise considering that I had gone in with very low expectations. Prices were alright, cant say much since negotiations did not reach the final stage.

We had also gone to the Yamaha store, which has the biggest listening room of the three and where I really expected to be blown away. Here, although there was enough equipment to check out, something was wrong. The set up was disappointing. It had to be set up a problem, since even my friend, the composer, agreed with me that the speakers just didnt sound like they justified the price tag and couldnt compare with the sound we had heard at the two other places! Sad that bad setup cost them an almost ready deal.

It was a day well spent, regardless, surrounded by equipment I never thought would be so easily available in my city. :eek:hyeah:

I even spoke to Karan Gandhi over the phone, but my busy work schedule has not permitted me to visit his store yet.

But it was only after a lot of digging around on this forum that I found that there are some rave reviews for Indian Hi-fi speaker and amp makers, which also enjoy certain amounts of following... (Earlier used to think the only prominent speaker/amp maker from India was Ahuja :p )

I would be more than glad to be made aware of any dealers that offer Indian-made components in Ahmedabad, or be glad to be given a chance to drool at the equipment owned by fellow members in the city or nearby.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the longish post. - (I might belong to the SMS generation, but I prefer spelling my words and thoughts out the proper way. :D )

Sam man, do not make a final decision before you visit Loud & Clear. Karan has a good array of high end Jamo speakers as well as other brands like Wharfedale. I guess he is Gujarat vide dealer for those two brands.

Monitor Audio also demand an audition at Rhythm Solutions. Do check out Bower & Wilkins and Energy at Onkyo Pavilion.

Also, consider Paradigm speakers if you are looking for stereo.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Sam man, do not make a final decision before you visit Loud & Clear. Karan has a good array of high end Jamo speakers as well as other brands like Wharfedale. I guess he is Gujarat vide dealer for those two brands.

Thanks paritosh, even I feel I owe it to myself to explore more.
However, now being excited about the prospect of owning a piece true blue desi audiphilia, I wish to first check out any dealers who stock Indian made products.. Eg Norge, Torvin, Corrson, Enbee. Have never listened to any of these and am most curious to know what the Indian hifi signature sounds like. Any leads on these fronts??

Since its my free day today, Im hoping to make it to Gandhi/Relief road to see if theres anything available there. Heard many Delhi brands are sold there. Wish me luck. :)

Sam,

Having lived in Ahmedabad for the past couple of years, my experience has not been very encouraging when it comes to finding good quality hi-fi equipments here. I have spent some time sauntering around old ahmedabad (sunday market, relief road etc), and have not come across anything worthwhile.
It will definitely be great if you come across some good equipment in your trip to old ahmedabad; do let us know how it turned out for you.

If you are really interested in a true-blue indian audio setup, you might have to look beyond the Gujarat borders. Close by, Bombay offers quite a few options:
1. Norge audio - good quality entry level stuff
2. Lithos audio - a couple of reviews on another forum regarding their "Kontra" speaker.
3. Nibanna audio - makers of TL speakers.
4. Pulz
5. Torvin
6. DNM Audio
7. FM Hari Iyer's newly launched speakers - I forget the name of his company.

Other Indian brands outside of Mumbai include -
8. Corroson is now Acoustic Portrait, and is based in Bangalore - lot of discussions on AP recently on the forum.
9. Audire in Coimbatore - Seems to have exited the "mid-fi" market and is concentrating only on "expensive hi-fi".
10. Craftel in Chennai.
11. Lyrita Audio in Delhi - This is my favourite Indian hi-fi brand today. Great option if you are interested in tube amplifiers and single driver speakers (Viren also makes a 2 way speaker)
12. Rethm in Cochin - fantastic award winning speakers, but pricey.

Enbee of yester years (I currently own a complete Enbee setup) was very well regarded and sought after, but have stopped production due to the owner's (Mr Nakra) old age.

I might have missed out on some names but I think most of the well known ones have been covered above.

Cheers.....
APK

Sam,

Having lived in Ahmedabad for the past couple of years, my experience has not been very encouraging when it comes to finding good quality hi-fi equipments here. I have spent some time sauntering around old ahmedabad (sunday market, relief road etc), and have not come across anything worthwhile.
It will definitely be great if you come across some good equipment in your trip to old ahmedabad; do let us know how it turned out for you.

If you are really interested in a true-blue Indian audio setup, you might have to look beyond the Gujarat borders.

Thanks APK.
Yes I considered all these options before setting out on my own.Have also asked a friend in Bombay (who has the same taste and nearly identical ear for music) to help by doing some initial scouting for me there.

Also I would like to contact Mr Hari Iyer. How do I do that?

Unfortunately, I was unable to make it to the old city on Saturday, as some "work" came up. (I say that with the "" because I had to attend the launch of one of Germany's finest automobiles.) :D However, I have chanced upon something that I shall let you all know about soon. No big surprise, so please don't hold your breath..

Enbee of yester years (I currently own a complete Enbee setup) was very well regarded and sought after, but have stopped production due to the owner's (Mr Nakra) old age.

I might have missed out on some names but I think most of the well known ones have been covered above.

Its very interesting that you mention your Enbee set up. I had contacted you on your thread about it some days back..

http://www.hifivision.com/introduct...ed-say-hi-everyone-post390016.html#post390016

Hope I can get a chance to check it out some time soon. :)

PS - You did leave out CADENCE.. :lol:

PS - You did leave out CADENCE.. :lol:

Yes......I remembered cadence after posting. Cadence was one of the speakers that I listened to during a trip to pune. The electrostatic panels were good, but somehow I did'nt feel that the 'sound quality' justified the hefty price tag. But that's just me.......there are lots of highly satisfied customers of cadence on this forum.

Also I would like to contact Mr Hari Iyer. How do I do that?
You can PM Hari. That would be the easiest option. He goes by the nickname "Hari Iyer" on the forum.

Its very interesting that you mention your Enbee set up. I had contacted you on your thread about it some days back..

http://www.hifivision.com/introduct...ed-say-hi-everyone-post390016.html#post390016

Hope I can get a chance to check it out some time soon. :)

Oh.....did'nt see the update on that thread. It was an old one which I had started a few years ago when I had joined the forum.

I was working in Delhi at that point of time, and went to met Mr Nakra from Enbee because I had heard so much about him and the products he makes. Amazing gentleman....he was in his eighties then, and the energy level and love that he showed for audio was just out of the world. I ended up purchasing a complete Enbee system very soon after that meeting!

Yes, I still have the Enbee setup. You can come over to my place on a weekend to hear it. I will be a little busy this weekend, but next weekend should be fine. Please PM me in advance.

You can PM Hari. That would be the easiest option. He goes by the nickname "Hari Iyer" on the forum.

Thats the catch, as i mentioned in the other thread, I'm unable to PM any one since I'm a newbie at the forum.

Yes, I still have the Enbee setup. You can come over to my place on a weekend to hear it. I will be a little busy this weekend, but next weekend should be fine. Please PM me in advance.

This is great news!:yahoo:
Hope to get in touch to see Mr Nakra's trademark, but contacting you would be a hassle (as above).

So we will have work out another way of communication.. What do you suggest?

So we will have work out another way of communication.. What do you suggest?

Sam,
I think it is a bad idea to share mobile numbers on an open forum. Maybe you can let me know your e-mail ID here, and I will send you an e-mail.

Regards,
APK

I think it is a bad idea to share mobile numbers on an open forum.

I entirely agree. For that matter, in this day and age, email ids are none the safer. Unless, some smart individual :rolleyes: gives it you in a manner that won't reflect in open searches.

Anyhow, try asamuel.design at the rate of google's email service.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back