AV furniture

Rupam

I'm looking for AV furniture, specially for my LCD (32") and HT (Onkyo HT3400)., Media player, DTH box, Bluray player, I need drawers for my DVD collection.
My room is small. I would like to get it built by my carpenter. Glass, wood and ply-board is my favorite material.
I need some good models which I can use to build for my AV centre. If you know good websites, please give post the name.
I seek advice from HifiVians who have already built such furniture. Is there some specific points that I need to keep in my mind? Budget is 20k.

If you have already posted your setup picture in My Audio/Video Setup please give the link.

Thanks to all....

Last edited:
You have a good budget if you are planning to buy branded ones like godrej or zuari. But for custom built, its lot more. Check this out, I made it for rs. 6500

2011-12-2514.jpg

nice one santy! I got a custom made few years back with center space for gadgets and 4 drawers on each side. It looks quite good, however, I soon ran out of space :) So now I have a low height very wide shelf (purchased from home center) with just 2 levels. Top level is empty (as of now) with only center channel on it. It is soon going to be filled I think

You have a good budget if you are planning to buy branded ones like godrej or zuari. But for custom built, its lot more. Check this out, I made it for rs. 6500

2011-12-2514.jpg

Only 6500/ thats great now i can cancel buying Speakers stand, my bookshelf speakers can easily accommodate in corners.
What are the dimensions of this furniture.

Santy, nice design. Could you please post more info like the material used, dimension etc. Also will it bend on placing heavy objects? I have seen many computer tables bending due to the weight of CRT displays.

Thanks guys. This is the drawing I gave to the local furniture shop. It is tough built, can withstand any weight say upto 200kg without causing any strain. I have even stood on it many times. Its made of good quality 18mm mdf ply. I did not want the locks to be fixed, otherwise it would have been much cleaner. Its looking better then it appears on photo. I negotiated from Rs. 8.5k. So my advise is to design it yourself and get it locally built, for better customization, satisfaction and cost saving.

UNIT2dim.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Santy, I actually saw your setup yesterday even before u posted in this thread. I saved a copy to show my wife. She's impressed ! I'm bit worried about ur Marantz. with the back side closed, doesn't it run hot?

and to anm .... can you give me some pictures of your setup?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back