AV Receiver, 7.1 setup

naveen22

Hi,
I'm trying to setup my home theater size (about 14*35ft), will include a small mini bar towards the end. I'm looking for some advise on what would be reasonable setup for both my AV receiver, speakers and sub woofer's.
I've narrowed down to Yamaha RXV6A and Denon 1700H. Any pros, cons for each or anything better in the same range? They seem to be roughly the same price.
As for the speakers, I auditioned only at 1 place which did not have many brands I recognize. But again I'm also not as aware for what would be a good 7.1/7.2 setup. I don't want to spend a bomb on this. It'd be great to have my speakers and subwoofers together under 1-1.5L budget. Any tips,suggestions in this regard would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Why not reduce the speaker count and work on better quality speakers for a 5.1 set up? Is 7.1 mandatory?

At your speaker Budget, there aren't many options, or, you'll have to resort to speaker packages that are usually built to a price like this
Polk

You can't go wrong with the Denon or Yamaha. Buy whichever is cheaper, sounds better to you.

Going for 5.1 instead of 7.1 is a good idea when on a tight budget.
You can wire for 7.1 and add two speakers later on if you wish.
You will have many stores in Hyderabad to look for choices.

You can find some options here. Hifimart is sister concern of hifivision.

Hi,
I'm trying to setup my home theater size (about 14*35ft), will include a small mini bar towards the end. I'm looking for some advise on what would be reasonable setup for both my AV receiver, speakers and sub woofer's.
I've narrowed down to Yamaha RXV6A and Denon 1700H. Any pros, cons for each or anything better in the same range? They seem to be roughly the same price.
As for the speakers, I auditioned only at 1 place which did not have many brands I recognize. But again I'm also not as aware for what would be a good 7.1/7.2 setup. I don't want to spend a bomb on this. It'd be great to have my speakers and subwoofers together under 1-1.5L budget. Any tips,suggestions in this regard would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Check sonodyne Avant or Sonus Series. It's sounding great for the price && will fit in to your budget too. You can go with any 12" Subwoofer .
If you want real punch in BASS then u need to go with XTZ, SVS ,REL ,Rhythmic subs but those will be close to1 lakh budget for Sub alone.
You can check Polk, EarthQuake ,BIC America SUBS ..etc.

Hi,
Yamaha RX-V6A has pre-out for front L/R whereas Denon X1700H does not. In case you feel the need of more power (which I think you will after a while) V6A gives you a provision to use external 2 channel amplifier. Your room size is huge, you will need powerful subwoofer/s.

Back