AV Receiver | Denon AV 1400h or Marantz 1509

musiz_craze

I'm planning to buy AV receiver, My requirements for a medium-size room. Right now I m going with 2.1 setup then later I ll add my other speakers 5.1 or 7.1. I m confused between Denon AV 1400h and Marantz 1509, I found good reviews with both of them. I know Denon is 7.1 and Marantz is 5.2 . I want suggestions to choose between this and speakers for 2.1 and 5.1
thanks

I'm planning to buy AV receiver, My requirements for a medium-size room. Right now I m going with 2.1 setup then later I ll add my other speakers 5.1 or 7.1. I m confused between Denon AV 1400h and Marantz 1509, I found good reviews with both of them. I know Denon is 7.1 and Marantz is 5.2 . I want suggestions to choose between this and speakers for 2.1 and 5.1
thanks

Denon x 1400, for it is 7.1 AVR and you can add height speakers later if you have budget constraints.

I am presently using x1400h and can say it has enough power for my setup which includes two Z7. I agree it's not very musical like a Marantz but if you can ignore the very fine nuances, that should not be a problem.
For movies, Denon is better placed in delievering power through all the channels. Overall, x1400h has more power and is better for movies whereas 1509 is more refined and is better suited for music. But the differences are quite hard to notice if one does not observes closely.
All the best!

No one here seems to be wanting eARC or mentioning it when it comes to receiver advice. I wonder why. Which TV do you have OP?

No one here seems to be wanting eARC or mentioning it when it comes to receiver advice. I wonder why. Which TV do you have OP?
eARC does not have a true use case for anyone who is not using tuner based cable/ terrestrial
For everyone else, the easier and more stable method is to route the sources to the AVR and a single vanilla HDMI out to TV

eARC does not have a true use case for anyone who is not using tuner based cable/ terrestrial
For everyone else, the easier and more stable method is to route the sources to the AVR and a single vanilla HDMI out to TV

Can receivers play from USB? My source is the TV. Lol

Can receivers play from USB? My source is the TV. Lol
:O - Please stop torturing yourself :p
Get an Apple TV , or at least a Fire TV 4K ... No Really - I mean it.

As for your USB playback requirement, just leave your videos on a shared folder on any PC (or a NAS)
Use ATV/ FireTV/ Shield/whatever to stream it directly from there

:O - Please stop torturing yourself :p
Get an Apple TV , or at least a Fire TV 4K ... No Really - I mean it

Lol. USB has been working fine for me as of now. Never had a hiccup. Plays everything smoothly. Will test if TV can pass HD audio via eARC on the Yamaha receiver I plan on getting. C9 seems to have had some issues with that. Hopefully an update will resolve it. Till then I'm fine with lossy codecs too. Hey, I'm upgrading from a 2.0 soundbar. It's all a big upgrade. Don't want to throw money and add more equipment and troubleshoot for audio upgrades that I might not even hear.

Lol. USB has been working fine for me as of now. Never had a hiccup. Plays everything smoothly. Will test if TV can pass HD audio via eARC on the Yamaha receiver I plan on getting. C9 seems to have had some issues with that. Hopefully an update will resolve it. Till then I'm fine with lossy codecs too. Hey, I'm upgrading from a 2.0 soundbar. It's all a big upgrade. Don't want to throw money and add more equipment and troubleshoot for audio upgrades that I might not even hear.
So true - but in such a case, genuine advice for you as well as the OP :
1) first get the Small cost upgrades that will help the most -e.g. a FireTV 4K instead of bothering with buggy eARC. Not only will you face less hiccups with audio, the usability factor will go up several notches. A little bit of money on this will go a much longer way than anything else

2) On the part in bold, the whole notion of timber matching between 5 and 7 speakers is a bit overrated - simply get Good LR , a matched or even a different center (but a good one) and then get pretty much anything for your surrounds and atmos. No, really!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back