Availability of Stereo SS Amp in USA

captrajesh

Staff member
Hi

My uncle is returning from Atlanta, USA day after tomorrow. Where would he be able to find me a good Stereo solid state amplifier (on clearence sale/ pre-used in good condition)? Budget is about 40k.

Finding in two days is very short , except you could locate the same in craiglist for local pickup..For atleast a week or two ebay is good.

Tell your uncle to locate some good dealers in hifi in the city. Tell him to call them and see what they have to sell in used
If you find something worthwhile you can try to close the deal. But don't be hasty on that. just try your luck

My best bet in the Atlanta area would be Wally of Underwood Hifi, who lists on Audiogon.He also sells 230v versions of some gear

AudiogoN Seller items: Underwood HiFi

You do realize that this is at such notice as to make it well nigh impossible, as Audi Engr rightly hinted? Having said that, your uncle's best bet is to buy new or covered by factory warranty-the risk of buying a used set that is dead on arrival here is too high.

Last edited by a moderator:
will you get 220V amps in the US ? not worth putting a step up transformer..it is a compromise on sound anyway.

I agree with arj-avoid 110V gear with step down as much as possible.

Another factor to keep in mind is that for checked in baggage coming from the US the weight limit per piece is 50 lbs, if yoy exceed that the airlines slam you with a fine. The fine amount may vary, but be aware of it. The absolute weight limit is 75 lbs I think.

I Thank you all for the suggestions. Actually, it was a last minute decision taken by me. If I get it, I would be lucky. Thats why the vague details.
Edit:
:sad::sad:No luck. Could not find a good amp.:mad::mad:

Last edited:
Cap'n, why not give Class D a shot? You could have your uncle bring you a lot of music from there with the money you save. :D

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back