AVR Connections for new 4K TV- Sony X9000e

X man

Just bought Sony X9000E -4KHDR. How should I connect my non 4K Marantz AVR SR6005, Tata Sky and Bluray in the new set up? In my previous set up, my bluray was connected to SR6005 and SR6005 to TV thru HDMI (ARC) . However, this meant I couldnt get 5.1 on Chromecast etc. How can I get 5.1 from netflix/ amazon prime thru AVR. Should I just connect ARC HDMI in Marantz to TV. Also, I understand 4K TVs use HDMI 2.0. Do I need that even for non 4K content.

Should I hook my bluray etc to the TV and in this case would ARC send signal back to AVR in that case - Would DTS etc work?

Last edited:
Havent got any response to this. can some one help. Whats the best way to connect new 4K HDR tv with non 4K Marantz AVr, Bluray, Tata Sky etc.

For Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. connect an Optical Audio cable from your TV to the AVR. That should bypass the need for 4k on the AVR.

Put your contents in Memory stick/ HDD. You can play 4k content using USB input of your Sony TV.
Connect HDMI out from Tatasky to TV.
Connect HDMI ARC from AVR to TV.
Connect all Blueray player, CD player etc to AVR.
If you want take digital audio out from Tatasky connect to AVR. ( 4K UHD model Tatasky has optical out)
You are done.
HDMI 2.0 cable is not necessary.

Thanks all.. Would connecting HDMI ARC to AVR from TV allow 5.1 from Netflix to be played thru AVR

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back