AVR + LCR recco's

jsmithe

Room dimensions are approx 20" (L) x 11"(W). The room is a flipped L shape with the dimensions provided being only that of the vertical section of the L. Seating position would be at approx. 14" on the length.

Usage mix will be 70 / 30 (movies / music). Looking at adding amp. later and use the same LR FS via an A/B switch for music. Already have sub (Bic PL200 II) + rear surrounds (JBL Control 1's for now). Will look at heights later. Not looking at BS for LR.

Questions:
  1. Would the Marantz SR6014 with QAcoustics 3050i (L+R) and 3090Ci (C) be a good combo?
  2. Other suggested combos of AVR + LCR?
Budget is around 2L for AVR + LCR. Can stretch an additional 25% .

Unable to audition so looking for FM's thoughts.

Room dimensions are approx 20" (L) x 11"(W). The room is a flipped L shape with the dimensions provided being only that of the vertical section of the L. Seating position would be at approx. 14" on the length.

Usage mix will be 70 / 30 (movies / music). Looking at adding amp. later and use the same LR FS via an A/B switch for music. Already have sub (Bic PL200 II) + rear surrounds (JBL Control 1's for now). Will look at heights later. Not looking at BS for LR.

Questions:
  1. Would the Marantz SR6014 with QAcoustics 3050i (L+R) and 3090Ci (C) be a good combo?

I think the AVR choice is fine, if you can stretch by 25% then have a look at the below options
i) Elac FS Debut 6.2 + Elac Center 6.2 - An alternative to 3050i but dont think its neccesarily an upgrade, has a different sound siganture as per reviews. When i had demoed their bookshelf alternatives vs the C20/3010i found the bass to be a little too much for music

ii) Qacoustics Concept 40 + Concept Center -Will be around 30-35% more but clearly a major upgrade overall. I have listened to their bookshelf counterparts and Concept 20 is clearly more refined with really nice details and works great for movies as well. If budget would be a challenge you can stick to the 3090i to save about 8-9k , they work great with the Concept 20 so assume same would extend to the C40 as well

iii) XTZ Spirit 11 + Spirit 4/6 Center - Again this would be around 30-35% more than your choice. But these FS are amazing for movies and music alike, certainly worth considering over other alternatives. If you need something brighter and aggresive their counters XTZ 95.44 would be a good choice and are around 7-9k cheaper than the Spirit 11.

Elac & QAcoustics 3050i/ Concept 40 can be demoed at Modern World(Domlur) whereas 3050i & XTZ Series can be demoed at The Home Cinema (Electronic City)

You should

Questions:

Marantz SR6014 is a good option. I suggest you to audition INDIQAUDIO. They are Indian speaker manufacturers. You can visit their place and the compare the speakers.
I assure you you don't get disappointed.

The the AVR is a good one and the speakers like Concept 40 and 3050i from Q Acoustics are good too. But Elac’s according to me are Power Hungry I already have the B6.2’s so if you don’t have plans to add a PA then Elac can be bit tough to drive at high volumes.
like @musiz_craze suggested do audition the Indiqaudio speakers and if I remember correctly, auditioning place is almost same as your home so you will get a fair idea of how it may sound at your place.

Last edited:
You are on right track. I feel Denon+Polk shines in Movies. As an alternate, also look at this combination, if possible go to ProFx since you are in Bangalore and take an audition for the same. You won't regret it.

AVR -Denon X 3600H
L/R- Polk S60 (Floor Standing)
C -S 30

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back