AVR Upgrade Question - Buying from US

njaustin123

Hi guys,
My name is Austin.
Following is what I have right now (bought with the help from my friend in hifivision and other experts and thanks for that):

Player: Oppo BDP 80 (Region Free Universal)
AVR: Pioneer VSX 417
Speakers: Jamo S406 (5 Speakers)
SW: Jamo 250 (110V model used with 750W transformer)

All of the above I use in India in a non-dedicated living cum HT room in the upper floor. But I do have concealed wiring option for 7 channels of which 5 I am already using.

I am in US now and I have an international model Samsung 40 LED EH5000 and a Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 here.

I am not a big audiophile. But I am sure that I don't like the HTIB models from consumer brands like Sony or Philips (No offense meant).

For music I am OK with my current setup (though I know the setup is not great). Especially while playing audio CDs in the Oppo.

And here I use the Klipsch or an AKG headphones for music. I like both of them a lot.

My Home Theatre usage is like 60% music and 40% movies (no games).

About the TV, I am planning to take it to India and leave it for my ground living room for general use. So I will be buying an Optoma HD 20 or a similar projector.

I think I like soft and warm audio, not too bright.

It's lot of intro, finally let me come to the question.
Do you think I need a modern AVR with DTS HD master and Dolby Tru HD? Of course this is something to be asked myself. But please let me know your opinions.
Now comes the real question. If yes, suggest me a good AVR. I don't plan to invest too much. It should be somewhere around 300-400$. But it should be 7.1. And I am not going to buy a dedicated stereo amp. I don't want to change my Jamo S406 set, will just add two more surround speakers. Suggestions on speaker also are welcome.
What I could research and find was a 220V model Denon 1611 and 110V model Denon 1912 refurbished. Both of these will come down to around $350 including shipping. Do you recommend any of these over the other. Do you have any other suggestions? Would prefer one with a USB playback.

Thanks for your help till now.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back