AVR: Yamaha or Denon and Sub: BIC America or SVS

Lakhanirahul

My setup:
- Dedicated home theatre room, acoustic treated walls
- Room size: 8ft * 12ft and 10.5ft high
- 100" Acoustic transparent screen
- LCR: BIC America FH8W in-wall behind the screen
- Surrounds: BIC America HT8C in-ceiling
- Subwoofer: either BIC America PL200 or SVS PB1000 (to be decided)
- ATMOS: have left speaker wire in the ceiling for 4 atmos speakers but as of now I don't intend to buy any Atmos speakers. Perhaps in the future.
- Usage: Movies/TV series: 90% & Music: 10%
- Input sources: Plex server running on my QNAP NAS, PS3, Chromecast, Amazon Fire stick

I would like to get your advice on which AVR and Subwoofer I must purchase.

My research has been narrowed down to the following models:

AVR
1) Denon x1400h (Rs. 55k)
2) Denon x2400h (Rs. 67k)
3) Yamaha RX V583 (Rs. 50k)
4) Yamaha RX V683 (Rs. 58k)

Subwoofer
1) SVS PB 1000 (Rs. 55k)
2) BIC America PL200 (Rs. 45k)

Note, I am not an Audiophile so I don't care about very subtle differences between products and acoustic performance.

I want to invest smartly so I don't end up over-investing where a slight lower priced option would be sufficient.

Some questions:
- should I get an AVR with 80 wpc or 95 wpc? Would 80wpc RMS suffice for my setup?
- Yamaha or Denon?
- BIC America pl200 or SVS pb1000?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Would prefer Denon 2400 since 90% is for movies. Between the two subs I think the Bic should be good. You need to audition and decide though

My setup:
- Dedicated home theatre room, acoustic treated walls
- Room size: 8ft * 12ft and 10.5ft high
- 100" Acoustic transparent screen
- LCR: BIC America FH8W in-wall behind the screen
- Surrounds: BIC America HT8C in-ceiling
- Subwoofer: either BIC America PL200 or SVS PB1000 (to be decided)
- ATMOS: have left speaker wire in the ceiling for 4 atmos speakers but as of now I don't intend to buy any Atmos speakers. Perhaps in the future.
- Usage: Movies/TV series: 90% & Music: 10%
- Input sources: Plex server running on my QNAP NAS, PS3, Chromecast, Amazon Fire stick

I would like to get your advice on which AVR and Subwoofer I must purchase.

My research has been narrowed down to the following models:

AVR
1) Denon x1400h (Rs. 55k)
2) Denon x2400h (Rs. 67k)
3) Yamaha RX V583 (Rs. 50k)
4) Yamaha RX V683 (Rs. 58k)

Subwoofer
1) SVS PB 1000 (Rs. 55k)
2) BIC America PL200 (Rs. 45k)

Note, I am not an Audiophile so I don't care about very subtle differences between products and acoustic performance.

I want to invest smartly so I don't end up over-investing where a slight lower priced option would be sufficient.

Some questions:
- should I get an AVR with 80 wpc or 95 wpc? Would 80wpc RMS suffice for my setup?
- Yamaha or Denon?
- BIC America pl200 or SVS pb1000?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Hi

Welcome to HFV

There are dedicated threads for BIC America, Yamaha, Denon owners where you can get first hand feedback and reviews by existing users....

BICs pair well with Marantz AVRs...you can audition and decide.....PL200 is a VFM sub and its great....

If you are open to Pre Owned, there are good options over OLX...check, audition and then purchase....

A 50 watts (8 ohms load) per channel NR series Marantz is more than enough for the room size you have described...i can say this factually as I used the NR series (different models) over the last 4 years.....my listening area is the same size.....your room is dedicated and treated.....

Where did u get the price for the svs pb1000? It’s 50k not 55k. And if u r getting a svs at 50k, then it’s a no brainier. I can share the details of the dealer if you wish for svs in Mumbai.

SVS PB 1000 (Rs. 55k)

Seems like ur getting a lil swindled on the pricing buddy. ( For the OP)

Where did u get the price for the svs pb1000? It’s 50k not 55k. And if u r getting a svs at 50k, then it’s a no brainier. I can share the details of the dealer if you wish for svs in Mumbai.

Hi there, yes can you please share the details details for SVS in Mumbai?

Thanks a lot buddy

Darius Kotwal, 9821557571, give him my reference as Derek spencer .

FYIP: Denon 1400 AVR is easily available for Rs 39k~40k new - Delhi.
If interested PM me for dealer details.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back