[B]Cheap and Best amp + Speaker Combo[/B]

dragonxwas

So Like the Title says, I want To gift my Best buddy 1st step into the HiFi world,I thought I could make something special and gift it to him, but as I am busy with my current Leach Amp project, I am going to get him a commercially available one..

As the budget is low, there are very few links about it on google, the speakers are going to be DIY using peerless drivers and vifa tweeter, I would love if you guys could suggest an good amp for around Rs.5000..

The feature he would love is should be having volume display,but its not mandatory.

I wanted to get him the Mitsun 7000 receiver for 3.5K to be used as an amp and also to drive 1 active sub which he already has..So if the amp is a 2.1 or something, will be much better..

Thanks in Advance..
Regards
Dragon..

any suggestions for a diy amp?

Search the forum for Mauro Penasa amp kit based on LM 3886 modded by our forum member linuxguru. A very good amp. Incidentally, I'm planning to offload the one I made as I have four amplifiers which are far in excess of my requirement.

Why not a vintage amp from Marantz/Cambridge/Nad/Rotel? I have a Vintage Rotel and it sounds so much better than new amps you can get for 5K.

thing is very busy in constructing amp for myself. hes leaving back to his place in a day or two.. total money to gift in audio = 6k and thats the point of me asking help..

P,s: Are these parts express guys reliable ? I mean shipping from US to India ?
I found this combo to be attractive Dayton Audio T-Amp and B652 Speaker Bundle

I doubt they will ship you directly, try iccworldwide.com or aramex or borderlinx for the same...

if ur package is less than 10k it will not attract any duty otherwise @ 24% and package...on a safer side ur actualy cost would be 1.75 times(rough estimate) the cost in USD...

regarding Partsexpress they are a reputed brand in the US for speaker kits, DIY kits and sourcing for other speaker items. unfortunately we cnt demo them...

Strategy, not a problem, atleast not here. There are used hi fi dealers who would have such stuff. Then you always have the Chor Bazaar kinda places where too you may find vintage hi fi.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back