B&W speakers & Rotel Amps

SidG

Hi

Planning to upgrade my current stereo setup (Monitor audio M6 and CA650A) with
1. B&W 606 (new series) + Sub-woofer + Rotel A12 amp + Turntable
OR
2. Klipsch the Sixes + Turntable + sub-woofer

Please could anyone let me know who are the official dealers for B&W speakers and Rotel Amplifiers in Bangalore. Also any reviews on the Klipsch The Sixes powered speakers.

Hello Sid
I'm also considering Klipsch sixes based on online reviews. Did you find them in Bangalore for a demo?
Also looking at
Kanto Yu6
Dynaudio Xeo2
Kef Ls50W

This will be my first ever stereo setup and wanted to go with powered bookshelves for simplicity and space constaraints.

Hello Sid
I'm also considering Klipsch sixes based on online reviews. Did you find them in Bangalore for a demo?
Also looking at
Kanto Yu6
Dynaudio Xeo2
Kef Ls50W

This will be my first ever stereo setup and wanted to go with powered bookshelves for simplicity and space constaraints.

Klipsch Sixes were available in Whathifi show conducted in the Bangalore. You can fix up an appointment with ProFX showroom. I found them to be really detailed. It was not optimally set up so an audition at the showroom should give you a fair experience.

Klipsch sixes are available with cinebels for demo. Just got a call from them today
I took the audition of The Sixes today at cinebels show room. They sound excellent and look great. But the problem is pricing.
in U.S. they're priced $800 but online they're available for $600 on multiple sites. Here in India they're priced at 90k and selling at 80k.

Yes Klipsch are very high priced in India
Guys..does anyone know if it's feasible to get them from U.S.?
some of my colleagues will be coming from there soon with not much luggage to carry. Would like to hear from your experiences.
1) Do we have to check in the shipment or any other option to ship safely as cargo?
2) how about the customs? how much they may charge?

I'm worried if the box will be handled carefully.

Below is the unboxing video to give you an idea about the package size.

Thanks

Hi

Planning to upgrade my current stereo setup (Monitor audio M6 and CA650A) with
1. B&W 606 (new series) + Sub-woofer + Rotel A12 amp + Turntable
OR
2. Klipsch the Sixes + Turntable + sub-woofer

Please could anyone let me know who are the official dealers for B&W speakers and Rotel Amplifiers in Bangalore. Also any reviews on the Klipsch The Sixes powered speakers.

wrt. The sixes, multiple online reviews suggest that the built in phono preamp is really bad. So if you're planning to use it for vinyl, you've to buy a phono preamp separately. Otherwise they're pretty good. You don't need a sub as the bass is good and well tuned, especially for small to medium sized rooms.

I'm not sure about the official dealers, but B&W I've seen in Modern world, Domlur as wells as Music Ranch, jayanagar. Rotel amp at Qubix technologies, indira nagar.
https://www.qubixsoftware.com/

Yes Klipsch are very high priced in India
Over priced for a budget brand, in USA their subwoofer and speakers go for 30-50% in sale period which is very often on amazon. The subwoofer they sell here for 39k goes for 200$ in sale, do the math and decide.

Checked the klipsch sixes and other klipsch reference series, not very impressive. Also auditioned the BW683 (as the 603 were not on demo) and the sound was way beyond klipsch

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back