Batch Audio format converter

sriee

Dear Experts,

I have a bunch of mp3 songs that I normally play from my MAC Airbook. I understand that FLAC formats are of better quality than mp3 and most preferred format.

So, I am looking for a software that can convert my entire mp3 library to FLAC format.

Please suggest.

...And you can never get that back, so, at best, your FLAC files will sound just the same As the MP3s. The answer is... don't bother!

Sriee, I think what is being said is that your files are already compromised in SQ as they have been compressed. You cannot "get back" the lost data. You will need to re-rip your files (if you did them from your CD collection). In fact, if you are going that way, personally I would suggest going with WAV rather than FLAC. Some people say that is an even "better" format in terms of SQ - but certainly not in terms of storage space.

Oops. Sorry looks like multiple posts are giving you the same information on your files.

Alrighty,.. got it!!!!

Well,.. storage is not an issue, so , I 'll see how I can have the original .wav or flac files.

Thanks experts, that helps!!!!!! :)

Sriee, I think what is being said is that your files are already compromised in SQ as they have been compressed. You cannot "get back" the lost data. You will need to re-rip your files (if you did them from your CD collection). In fact, if you are going that way, personally I would suggest going with WAV rather than FLAC. Some people say that is an even "better" format in terms of SQ - but certainly not in terms of storage space.

Oops. Sorry looks like multiple posts are giving you the same information on your files.

:).... I don't know even single item that you've listed in your signature.. :).. I'm being sooo ignorant ...:lol:

Haha ! You will not be the only one not to know these as they are from small manufacturers who make some great things...at a price. As an example you can look up the amplifier on Google as it is quite different to most (when it was invented a few years ago). The signal is completely digital until the last minute where it is converted only in the POWER amplifier. IN addition you buy the modules you want and add them to the preamplifier depending on how you want to configure your system.
Regards

Your sound quality will only be as good as the source, in this case as others have pointed it will be the already compressed mp3 files. So no point in converting those to FLAC, instead you should try to get the FLAC files to begin with. With even moderately good quality equipment the difference will be noticeable from poor compressed mp3s.

All of these things are well covered on other threads here, as well as being easwily found on the net in general, but let me repeat one thing. Apart from size, FLAC has one other great advantage over WAV: tagging. For those with, or building, large digital libraries, this is invaluable, especially if you want to manage it with a media player library.

For those who come to this thread because they are looking for a media converter ...there are lots! but I discovered a new one very recently: xfca. Due to its power and flexibility it quickly became my favourite. One thing I am still missing, though: a convertor that will recreate a directory tree structure. It is available as a acript, but it would be great with a gui.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back