Bersford Caiman issue

I have an issue with my Caiman DAC optical port. i am not getting the sound output from my optical, it was working till yesterday, i believe the optical port is slightly bent. Do you guys know where i can get it checked here in Bangalore . I have mailed Stan about the issue as well.

bump! 32 views and no reply:p

Please open another thread ... "I have a problem with HFV. I am not getting any output on my thread despite many people viewing it optically. " :D

Did you contact StanleyB? Change cable? Confirm the destination device works with optical in from another source?

Cheers

Please open another thread ... "I have a problem with HFV. I am not getting any output on my thread despite many people viewing it optically. " :D

Did you contact StanleyB? Change cable? Confirm the destination device works with optical in from another source?

Cheers
Yes i have contacted Stan about this issue, The issue is with the optical port itself. I have checked the cable which is working fine with other devices. Can you tell me any good electrician who checks the optical issue or replace them if required. I am skeptical to send the device to Stan again as it damage further as it will handled by the courier guys again.

Yes i have contacted Stan about this issue, The issue is with the optical port itself. I have checked the cable which is working fine with other devices. Can you tell me any good electrician who checks the optical issue or replace them if required. I am skeptical to send the device to Stan again as it damage further as it will handled by the courier guys again.

I'd say contact some DIY experts and seek help... It will help you to DIY...in future....:)

I remember GeorgeO our mod sharing some contact by name philip issac..PM George ...

Kittu, Thanks for the information , I will PM George abt this. I have mailed Stan about this issue but he has not got back to me. The Caiman is still under warranty.

International warranty? you purchased locally or you are in the states :)

Hmmn.. i am very much in Bangalore but i read somewhere that goods bought from Stan has one yr warranty and if needed we can ship the faulty h/w to him and he will get them checked and replaced the faulty parts, but if i can catch hold of somebody who can help me sort of this issue locally that would be great.

Hmmn.. i am very much in Bangalore but i read somewhere that goods bought from Stan has one yr warranty and if needed we can ship the faulty h/w to him and he will get them checked and replaced the faulty parts, but if i can catch hold of somebody who can help me sort of this issue locally that would be great.

Use the Warranty. Forget local options. Edit: Unless Stan advises a simple swap of part doable locally.

Just my 2C

cheers

I have got the reply from Stan saying that to ship the Caiman to him and he will check and do the necessary, but now i am worried about the customs, when i received my device last year i paid about 1k custom duty charges, now if i receive the item back i may be charged again. My question is is there any paperwork to be done with the customs so that once it reaches them from Stan i should not be paying the fee again. Anybody does have any sort of experience with these sort of issues.

I think you are also from Bangalore. My DAC was arrived without any customs duty. Didnt you ask Stan to under invoice it?

I have got my DAC last year only, but due to optical port issue I need to ship to him to get it checked and once he ships back then i am worried that i may need to pay the customs again.

I have got the reply from Stan saying that to ship the Caiman to him and he will check and do the necessary, but now i am worried about the customs, when i received my device last year i paid about 1k custom duty charges, now if i receive the item back i may be charged again. My question is is there any paperwork to be done with the customs so that once it reaches them from Stan i should not be paying the fee again. Anybody does have any sort of experience with these sort of issues.

Include a copy of the invoice with purchase date, a copy if the customs duty paid tariff and mention in top underlined that this is service return shipment or Return material. Also ask Stan to ship it back with these docs + servicing invoice clearly mentioning this is not a sale.

No practical experience I'm afraid.

cheers

Include a copy of the invoice with purchase date, a copy if the customs duty paid tariff and mention in top underlined that this is service return shipment or Return material. Also ask Stan to ship it back with these docs + servicing invoice clearly mentioning this is not a sale.

No practical experience I'm afraid.

cheers

Gooble, thanks for the information, i am afraid i do not have both the copies and beleive that i need to provide the declaration form for the same and hope for the best.:eek:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back