Best 43" or 49" TV?

boltonfan

I had an amazing 40" Sony HX750 from 2012 which stopped working.

I am looking to purchase a similar model in terms of quality, preferably Sony.

The problem is, my viewing distance is only 5'. All the top models from Sony are 55" and above. I love the OLED's as well, but they seem just too big.

My main use is Tata Sky and occasional gaming.

I want a TV which wouldn't have any motion blur on Tata Sky and which has deep blacks and a good refresh rate (120hz).

Picture quality is paramount, don't need android tv and other things.

Any suggestions?

I had an amazing 40" Sony HX750 from 2012 which stopped working.

I am looking to purchase a similar model in terms of quality, preferably Sony.

The problem is, my viewing distance is only 5'. All the top models from Sony are 55" and above. I love the OLED's as well, but they seem just too big.

My main use is Tata Sky and occasional gaming.

I want a TV which wouldn't have any motion blur on Tata Sky and which has deep blacks and a good refresh rate (120hz).

Picture quality is paramount, don't need android tv and other things.

Any suggestions?
See if this interests you

See if this interests you

Thanks for your offer, looking to purchase a new TV. Your TV looks like just what I would want to purchase new. They just don't make TVs like these anymore.

Thanks for your offer, looking to purchase a new TV. Your TV looks like just what I would want to purchase new. They just don't make TVs like these anymore.
What is your budget? If main use is tata sky you can easily get a good tv for a less price

What is your budget? If main use is tata sky you can easily get a good tv for a less price
1.3 lakhs was my budget for the OLED's, if I would I have purchased. So anything below that is fine!

Also, I feel if a TV can handle DTH well, it can do everything else like movies etc better, since the content is better quality and uncompressed.

If your primary usage is tatasky, then OLED shouldn't be for you as the persistent logo can cause burn-in, even if after 2-3 years. We don't know how well newer, improved (red subpixel size increase, logo luminance reduction and aperture ratio improvements) panels perform, even C8, as not enough reports have come in for them. Gotta wait more if you want to be safe with such usage.

There is a 48" OLED TV launching this year though.

Check out FALD sets such as Q70 or X950G if 49" are available here. They have lesser dimming zones than 55" ones, so PQ takes more of a hit compared to OLED, but oh well, can't have it all...yet. Check reviews and owner threads for more info.

1.3 lakhs was my budget for the OLED's, if I would I have purchased. So anything below that is fine!

Also, I feel if a TV can handle DTH well, it can do everything else like movies etc better, since the content is better quality and uncompressed.
Oled is not the best choice for tata sky and bright room. Look at qled or LED which will be excellent for bright room and tata sky

If your primary usage is tatasky, then OLED shouldn't be for you as the persistent logo can cause burn-in, even if after 2-3 years. We don't know how well newer, improved (red subpixel size increase, logo luminance reduction and aperture ratio improvements) panels perform, even C8, as not enough reports have come in for them. Gotta wait more if you want to be safe with such usage.

There is a 48" OLED TV launching this year though.

Check out FALD sets such as Q70 or X950G if 49" are available here. They have lesser dimming zones than 55" ones, so PQ takes more of a hit compared to OLED, but oh well, can't have it all...yet. Check reviews and owner threads for more info.

Yeah, burn in is always an issue with OLED's. Read about the 48" Sony OLED. Doubt it will come to India though. Samsung have Q60 in the size range 43"-49". Will check that. Q70 and X9500G are all available in 55" and above.

Oled is not the best choice for tata sky and bright room. Look at qled or LED which will be excellent for bright room and tata sky

My room isn't bright so that isn't a concern. I have looked at the all 43"-49" Sony TV's. The supposed best available, is the x8000g. It seems very mediocre in terms of PQ, Refresh Rate and it being a IPS panel TV (would have liked VA).

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back