Best AVR suggestion

@renjith lal A suggestion would be to buy a cheaper AVR which has Pre-outs for the front channel, like the Marantz NR series, and use that to drive your Devialet as a power amp.
HDMI in->AVR->Pre-out to->Devialet RCA in.
if im not wrong, Devialet should have home theater bypass, it should be on their help manual.

Why spend so much? Buy a cheaper receiver and spend more on speakers. I can suggest Yamaha tsr7810. It has preouts if you want to add an amplifier later on and can do 5.2 or 7.2 or 5.2.2 in Dolby Atmos.

Speakers sound very different but there is hardly any measurable difference in amplifiers. It is just marketing. Most of the times we use less than a watt per channel.

DAC in entry level AVR with preout will be of less quality compared to flagship model.
AK4490 is the chip used in Marantz top end pre processor again how well dac chip is implemented matters.
Denon 7200 has lot of power and a good dac. I will be getting a good speaker (made to order) in few weeks and looking for a matching AVR for the same. At present I am using a good bookshelf from same manufacturer and will be using it till I get new speakers.

@renjith lal A suggestion would be to buy a cheaper AVR which has Pre-outs for the front channel, like the Marantz NR series, and use that to drive your Devialet as a power amp.
HDMI in->AVR->Pre-out to->Devialet RCA in.
if im not wrong, Devialet should have home theater bypass, it should be on their help manual.

I am only worried about the DAC in entry level model. Devialet can be used as a power amp and has an HT bypass way using configuration.

You have quite a high resolving system, especially now with Accuton and RAAL ribbons!

Have you considered going the pre/pro plus multichannel power amp route? You could then just get a 3 channel power amp as you already have a good stereo amp. Plus, these AVRs might be high end, but their power amp section is not going to be a match for Devialets or your speakers. Relatively speaking, of course.

You have quite a high resolving system, especially now with Accuton and RAAL ribbons!

Have you considered going the pre/pro plus multichannel power amp route? You could then just get a 3 channel power amp as you already have a good stereo amp. Plus, these AVRs might be high end, but their power amp section is not going to be a match for Devialets or your speakers. Relatively speaking, of course.

Hi asliarun,
You are correct, I am very happy with Salk speakers. I am staying in an apartment and setup is in living room, not in a dedicated room and luckily my neighbors are from India hence as of now no complaints. Due to room size I felt pre/pro will be an overkill, if I had a dedicated room I should have gone in that route for sure.

I was thinking of using only left and right speakers for movies and music (stereo) and never thought of getting an AVR. But unfortunately using sony X800 (blueray/UHD) downmix to stereo and playing it was not giving good sound as stereo (CD) using Devialet amp. I am using devialet dac for movies and for stereo. The same setup for stereo using CD and roon /tidal it sounds very nice. Due to the lack of same good sound as stereo for movies /songs (blueray/UHD) made me think to get an AVR. Going forward I may maximum go to a 5.1/5.2 system. If I had a big house I could have expanded to a 5.2 system now.

An update to my search for AVR, after extensive research and auditions I decided to go with Arcam in fact Arcam was not in my initial list.
Thanks to couple of my friends who gave me good advice.
I ordered Arcam 850 and will be receiving it today. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Congrats on Arcam AVR ,do post your experience and reviews about the Arcam AVR

I have used many AVRs started from Onkyo, Yamaha, NAD , Anthem and finally Arcam. Arcam 850 is the flagship model and I like it very much,
I have not used it to the full potential now because I am using only two good resolving speakers. However from two speakers I feel it is very good for stereo and movies,I have a separate stereo amp and Arcam is at 90% to my stereo amp performance for stereo listening. It has a very good power supply and max consumption is 1.5kW. Room correction (Dirac) is really good, I feel it is better than Anthem.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back