best bookshelf speakers for Sony Xplod 12 inch sub under 10k (for home stereo config)

MKG2

Hi! :)

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I am from Mumbai and looking for a custom home stereo system for my room. You may find it strange but I've decided to go for car stereo sub woofer system called SONY Xplod XS-NW12022E 12 inch sub woofer along with amplifier Sony XM-N1004 and SUPERNIGHT (TM) DC 12V 30A 360W Switch Power Supply (for powering the amp)

what you guys think about this setup? Is it worth it to go for? I am a bass freak as well as an audiophile (music composer) and like chest thumping bass and crystal clear mids and highs too. :D

But I am confused regarding the speaker units for this config. I know Sony sells co-axial speakers for that sub but they are too tiny and may not match the power of the sub for my home setup. So, please suggest a suitable bookshelf speaker system for this setup.

My current component's power requirements:
Sony Xplod sub woofer is rated at 1800 W peak output and 420 W continuous power handling.

My amp can deliver upto 500 W per channel (2 way) and 250 W per channel (4 way)

Power supply is rated at 30A @ 360W

So please suggest 2.0 speakers with matching power rating specifications only. :)

Additional information about my current speakers:
I currently own Logitech Z623 THX certified speaker system for my PC. It's a 7 inch sub rated at 130W RMS with 35 W satellite speakers each. It has amazing sound and thumping bass response for it's size but the problem is it's specifically designed for computer use only and starts to distort noticeably if hooked up to mobiles, DVD players. So I want an additional stereo system for that purpose.

thanks in advance.

Although my budgest is 10k, I am willing to extend it if the bookshelves are worth the extra penny....

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back