Best Earphone On Budget

agent47er

hi there
i am a college student, so my budget is quite tight - around rs.2k
i am looking for a good pair of earphones to use with my phone, ipod as well as desktop that offer a good bass - not the mushy type you get in skull candy. the bass must be deep but should not overpower the sound. i may strech my budget a little if it makes a resonable differnce in audio quality.

ps : i know i can't get audiophile headphones in this range, but the next best will do...

sennheiser is a good brand to start with. here's a link that can get you started on the prices.

your best bet would be to walk into an audiophile store that sell good headsets and listen to them.

skull candy is one for u , i got it for 900 rs ,plz check at electonic store near u .u will not regret on buy.

+1 for Sennheiser Cx300. Agreed that the bass is little ovewhelming, but the sound clarity at this price range is amazing - especially when you use it with ipod.

Sennheiser PX60 is sweet sounding, portable, around Rs.2000. neck band type HP. bass is ideal. treble crisp. For home I use grado SR60i Over Head type.which I paid about Rs.6000 its the best headphone I've ever heard beats bose hands down. cheers

It's a slightly difficult proposition to achieve - Good, deep (extended) bass with punch without overpowering the mids.

Based on whatever I've heard -

Brainwavz Pro Alpha and M2 could be choices. I've covered both of them in my lengthy review. Most Brainwavz (PA, M1, M2, M3) sound more alike than too different. But be aware that while the bass has very good quality, it won't give you the punch you expect.

MEElectronics M6 is also a good choice, but with recessed mids and good treble. It's a good budget phone, but if you are slightly allergic to upper mids and treble spikes, it may be a bit hard to get used to.

At a cheaper level, there's Brainwavz Alpha, which follows a mid focused with a decent bass strategy employed by the M series. Despite the clarity in the midrange, it is slightly boring and not as competent as the M series. If you are not constrained for budget, I'd rather step up and get M2.

So, there are always some slight trade-offs to make. But, I think BW M2 and MEE M6 can be considered.

It is generally said that CX300 and EP630 are similar in the bass department. If that's the case, then I wouldn't be too enthused about CX300. There are also plenty of fakes with Sennheiser, so if you still settle for CX300, just make sure you buy it from a trustworthy seller.

If it is possible to EQ, there are plenty more IEMs to think about. But, availability would be an issue with many of them as they'd need to be imported from eBay or online shops. The cheaper V-Moda Vibe or the bass-head MEElectronics M31 (My review) are decent options once EQ-ed, but I don't think you can do that with your phone.

From what I've read, but not heard....

Nuforce NE6 / NE7m - Basically the same IEM, 7m is the with mic version of NE6. Do not know who sells these in India now since the 'official dealer' became untraceable (long story, irrelevant here). You have to get it directly from NuForce.

SoundMagic PL11 - As far as I've read this is considered to be better than EP630.

PS: Would you need mic for use with phone? If so, my suggestion would be reduced to M6P, the with mic version of M6 or NE7-m.

@anush_rf,

You meant PMX60?

Last edited:
I've been using a pair of Sennheiser CX300 II for nearly two years and I think they're great. But yes you must be very careful of fakes, there are loads of them around.
The Staples store in Phoenix Mills, Mumbai was selling them for around 2500, if I remember correctly.

Sennheiser PX60 is sweet sounding, portable, around Rs.2000. neck band type HP. bass is ideal. treble crisp. For home I use grado SR60i Over Head type.which I paid about Rs.6000 its the best headphone I've ever heard beats bose hands down. cheers

just wanted to make a correction: its Sennheiser PMX60. Sorry for missing the M

I will suggest you to buy Sennheiser CX300 II But of course you must be careful of fakes, Its have awesome sound quality with rich deep bass EP 630 [CREATIVE] and CX 300 are similar in design but never matched the sound quality of CX 300 ii

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back