Best Home Theatre under 1 lakh??

arpit1201

I am planing to buy a new home theatre system for my home.
Initially I was looking forward to bose lifestyle 525 but found it to be too expensive and not worth it.I am willing to spend money on something great that is available in market.
Requirements:-
TRUE SURROUND SOUND EXPERIENCE(MUST)
Recently I went to sony centre and took demo of n9200 but was not at all satisfied.
I have very little knowledge about music and want you guys to guide me!!

Thanks in advance.

I am planing to buy a new home theatre system for my home.
Initially I was looking forward to bose lifestyle 525 but found it to be too expensive and not worth it.I am willing to spend money on something great that is available in market.
Requirements:-
TRUE SURROUND SOUND EXPERIENCE(MUST)
Recently I went to sony centre and took demo of n9200 but was not at all satisfied.
I have very little knowledge about music and want you guys to guide me!!

Thanks in advance.

can i ask what is ur requirement. Do u plan to buy a AVR + 5.1 speakers or just the speakers ??
coz the choices will change accordingly..

Hi Arpit1201,

There are a lot of systems available which differ in performance, appearance and features...you will need to spend more if you want quality and power....so all depends what level of quality, features and power you require...

Most of the systems from 50k onwards can suffice an area from 250sq ft till 400 sq ft....

Would suggest you look at the posts under "Home Theatre" and read related information to get a fair idea...

Secondly and most importantly, go with your favourite music and audition many systems which fit within your budget, appeal to you in performance and appearance...

Shortlist what you like and we can then assist in providing our views to the possible system....

Thanks abhay2603 and efernand1 for listening to my query.:)
I am looking for 5.1 surround system.I had taken a demo of bose lifestyle 525 and looking for a system which is budget friendly and delivers performance comparable to that of 525 .My room is of about 340 sq feet.
Please suggest me some options that I audition within my budget.
Also how mush AVR's have an impact on performance since sony's flagship home theatre doesnot come with any AVR.

Guys please help me,really confused..

Thanks in advance

Hi Arpit, A Separate AVR and 5.1 goes really good on the sound traditionally. Sony/LG/Samsung are all packaged systems with bluray player as well and claims to pack power but not punch or clarity. Separate AVR takes care of this. You can check a Dolby Atmos capable AVR for future proofing and go for a 5.1 speaker package from a specific brand.

Denon 1200W + Polk T package or Cambridge audio Aero 5.1
Pioneer 930 + Andrew jones package

Just 2 examples, bu you can definitely look around for good packages. Depending on budget you can keep going higher.

Bose soundtouch music systems are good, but personally home theater from Bose is way too expensive

dear arpit, i agree with indy70. having an good AVR makes a lot of difference towards the quality of ur sound. u don't need to go to professional/expensive AVRs. but since u r looking to play movies and movies on it. i would suggest u go for a good AVR. there r lots of companies to choose from.. yamaha, denon, marantz, onkyo, pioneer, sony, etc....

LG/smasung/sony bundles r decent. u can get a lot out of ur money if u go for other brands and assemble a system. its a bit time consuming and take a bit of research. but the result is way better. PS - bose is too expensive.

the simplest thing to do is go for a yamaha 5.1 system or onkyo 5.1. this has a AVR + 5.1 speakers of the company.

if u really wanna customise then i suggest u split ur budget into 2 : for AVR + speakers.

i would suggest go for a AVR between 30-40k as it will give u some amount of future proofing.

Speakers 60-70k. now this is where it gets super complicated. u can't either go for a 1 company 5.1... or mix it over here as we.. so without confusing u more... i would suggest a few 5.1 bundles that u can't read up about on the internet.

since ur room is not that big. u can go in for smaller systems as well.

Pioneer SP-PK52FS
Energy Take Classic 5.1
Q Acoustics 3000 Series 5.1 Cinema Pack
Wharfedale Diamond 220 HCP
Tannoy HTS-101 XP

Happy hunting

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back