Best media player available in India under about 10K?

alclik

Hi Guys

I am looking for a media media player that would play most formats of video and audio. I prefer to have analog stereo audio (RCA) output as I would be using with my integrated stereo amp.

I had shortlisted
1. Asus O Play Mini
2. Amkette EvoTV

These two options are quite cheap and does most things I need, and I could buy a higher end media player or compact htpc later. But these two options have their own issues.

The Asus one does not seem to have option to change aspect ratio so sometime the video gets stretched, also it seems to have some build quality issues, either the remote or the player dies after 2 years. Also, the UI is severely outdated (if a player does most other things better I can compromise with the UI to some extent).

Amkette EvoTV does seem to have quite good config for it's price. But it does not seem to have dedicated RCA analog stereo output like Asus O Play Mini and one has to connect it to amp via flimsy av cable. Also, I can't seem to find some good review for EvoTV.

And both of these options are about 2 years old, so they are a bit outdated.
So I am wondering if there is some better options available available in India under about 10K.

Hoping to find some better options from the forum members.

Thanks in advance.

I am in the same situation as you are, between the two I liked EVO TV. There are 4 versions of it, I guess the XT has RCA outs. There is one video review of EVO TV in youtube. O Play is like any other media player with not so friendly navigation/remote, where EVO TV scores is its remote (again this opinion is based on the video review and some internet reviews).
Let me know if you come across any other options.

I am in the same situation as you are, between the two I liked EVO TV. There are 4 versions of it, I guess the XT has RCA outs. There is one video review of EVO TV in youtube. O Play is like any other media player with not so friendly navigation/remote, where EVO TV scores is its remote (again this opinion is based on the video review and some internet reviews).
Let me know if you come across any other options.

I thought all Evo TV boxes are virtually the same and does not have RCA audio output... could you please confirm?
Is there any other media player you are considering?

Rockfella:
I would like to have an HTPC but I cant seem to find any good one :(
is there any good low cost option available here in India?

You are right Evo TV does not have RCA out, cheapest solution is to get spdif/toslink to RCA converter or DAC if you are interested.

Im not a fan of HTPC, especially if I were to build one. But if you are looking for one, search ideacentre q190 in ebay. There is one for 24k, I guess this is one of the best low profile designs. Again, no RCA outs, I dont think you would want to complain at this point.

Apart from this I did not anything good. If only amazon tv or apple tv read HDD it would have been amazing.

Hi Guys ,

My Asus o play is dead after two years, First there was no sound coming from videos and now it's dead , Not even ASUS navigation screen is coming up.

I am also looking for a good media player under 10 K , As of now Xtreamer Sidewinder seems like a good option , read good review about it sound and picture quality but after sale service support is almost Nil.

Is there any good media play available in market under 10k

WDTV live fits in this budget. I am using two of these units for last 5 years. No issues. Plays almost all formats.
2 USB inputs for pen drive/HDD.
HDMI ,OPTICAL TOSLINK & AV ANALOG OUT. NETWORK CONNECTION ETC.
Regular updates for firmware available.
Recently mobile remote app. also available if the original remote is not working.
You may also try Chromecast and forget media player. You can play(stream) Audio, vedio & photos from your mobile, tablet,laptop or desktop pc. Price of Chromecast is just around Rs.3400/- or so.

I just got the Asus Oplay Mini for Rs 3950/- .
It's cheap so even if it runs for few years it's all right.

I was happy to find that Asus has done some incremental improvements in the existing O Play Mini.
The remote is upgraded with much better remote with improved design.
If anyone wants I can post a picture of the new remote.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the sound quality from from the analog RCA output for 320kbps Mp3 and FLAC files sound same (if not better) as Pioneer BDP-160!!

Picture quality is good but sometime a bit too sharp for my taste. If you are using a fullHD tv you need to manually set the processing to 1080p 24Hz in the settings.

Only gripe is that UI is quite outdated visually (although very easy to use).

Overall I am pretty happy with it.

I also bought o play mini for 4000 , was initially looking for xtreamer but after looking at 4-5 shops it was not available so went for mini.

It's real value for money.

I would suggest that even if it's bit expensive & a little painful to get it from US, you better go for Popcorn Hour. I was very reluctant in when I was suggested by a friend of mine to go for media player coz I was running out of space for my music DVd collection.

However I got this "Popcorn Hour A-300" paying 11k from US & believe me I have been using this past 3 years & its way to fantastic... dynamic forum support etc.

Popcorn Hour : Popcorn Hour A-300

Hi Guys ,

My Asus o play is dead after two years, First there was no sound coming from videos and now it's dead , Not even ASUS navigation screen is coming up.

I am also looking for a good media player under 10 K , As of now Xtreamer Sidewinder seems like a good option , read good review about it sound and picture quality but after sale service support is almost Nil.

Is there any good media play available in market under 10k
Try to upgrade/update firmware before buying new player.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back