Best picture quality | Vu or Hisense?

Rush007

Hello Friends,

I am going to buy 55" budget tv. But, someone said Vu has better wide color gamut and better blacks than Hisense. And some youtuber says both the TVs are same..Need your help guys...Thanks...

One thing straight forward...
Hisense is the panel manufacturer and they supply to many companies. VU is one of those.
VU has their own R&D and assembling units where they complete the manufacturing. I personally viewed both Hisense and VU. Didn't find much of a difference.
There is another TV which manufactured with Hisense panel, i.e Toshiba U7980 55". It is not available everywhere.... but if you can arrange one for you, that would be best in budget segment.

One thing straight forward...
Hisense is the panel manufacturer and they supply to many companies. VU is one of those.
VU has their own R&D and assembling units where they complete the manufacturing. I personally viewed both Hisense and VU. Didn't find much of a difference.
There is another TV which manufactured with Hisense panel, i.e Toshiba U7980 55". It is not available everywhere.... but if you can arrange one for you, that would be best in budget segment.
One YouTube reviewer said that toshiba U5050 looks better in side by side comparison with hisense.
She didn't compare with Vu though.
I think it was techbeez.
I also want to know which one had better color gamut out of these 3 models.
Vu seems to be having 400 nits.

When you are going with budget product of any brand, don't expect any technical specification to be as true as the Premium ones. There is no use of any technical factors in budget segment.

Indian reviewers don't have all those costly tech gears to measure details like peak brightness, color accuracy, color gamut, color volume, motion processing, picture processing, grey and black uniformity, response time, stutter/judder handling and even input lag also. All these 'DESI' reviewers only mention those specifications which are already mention on the box or any media ads. They rely on the information passed on by the companies. They can't check the truth behind all those numbers mentioned there. Indian people prefer drama. If you or me start a channel on Youtube and present just anything in a dramatic manner(just like they do), our contents will also be 'super-hit'.:D:D:D

Our consumers don't know what is TV calibration, so we never ask for that. The purity of any TV's performance depend on proper calibration. Unfortunately there are not many good calibrator available in our country. So we have to satisfy our self with the out of the box performance. Usually any brand/retailer keep the most saturated color and higher brightness setting dialed in, at the Retail mode(which we get to see during visit). Basically that is fake performance and don't be impressed by that.

When you have to purchase, go to the shop with different types of videos and audios downloaded in your own media storage. Ask them to play those on your short listed products. i.e how you will come to know about the real performance. Play some DTH channels and try to play with the different settings available in the TV menu. Now compare your shortlisted products and settle with the one you find performing best. Bargain well and snatch a further warranty. You got your product.....congrats ;)

Yes, sadly none of the reviewers have the required gear in india. Due to pandemic situation going to showroom is very difficult.
I was hoping to get some reliable information from our forum members.

Yes, sadly none of the reviewers have the required gear in india. Due to pandemic situation going to showroom is very difficult.
I was hoping to get some reliable information from our forum members.
Don't rush into anything, let the situation come under control. It's your hard earn money so don't throw it into garbage. Technical gyan only applies when you have a big budget and you can afford to be a total freak. There are good amount of option available in budget like 50k, 70k, 100k and beyond. 50K and around you should go for Vu-Hisense-Toshiba-Mi. In this budget range top 3's products are even worse than these brands.

When you are going with budget product of any brand, don't expect any technical specification to be as true as the Premium ones. There is no use of any technical factors in budget segment.

Indian reviewers don't have all those costly tech gears to measure details like peak brightness, color accuracy, color gamut, color volume, motion processing, picture processing, grey and black uniformity, response time, stutter/judder handling and even input lag also. All these 'DESI' reviewers only mention those specifications which are already mention on the box or any media ads. They rely on the information passed on by the companies. They can't check the truth behind all those numbers mentioned there. Indian people prefer drama. If you or me start a channel on Youtube and present just anything in a dramatic manner(just like they do), our contents will also be 'super-hit'.:D:D:D

Our consumers don't know what is TV calibration, so we never ask for that. The purity of any TV's performance depend on proper calibration. Unfortunately there are not many good calibrator available in our country. So we have to satisfy our self with the out of the box performance. Usually any brand/retailer keep the most saturated color and higher brightness setting dialed in, at the Retail mode(which we get to see during visit). Basically that is fake performance and don't be impressed by that.

When you have to purchase, go to the shop with different types of videos and audios downloaded in your own media storage. Ask them to play those on your short listed products. i.e how you will come to know about the real performance. Play some DTH channels and try to play with the different settings available in the TV menu. Now compare your shortlisted products and settle with the one you find performing best. Bargain well and snatch a further warranty. You got your product.....congrats ;)
True

I am going to buy 55" budget tv.
Can you put a number beside this cause the word "budget" can mean different for different folks?
If you can spend up to 100k, you have some excellent options from LG and Sony that I would not bother with VU or Hisense, as much as some of their TV's are good.

Once lock down eases, wear a mask, head into a few stores and look at these tv's yourself. You are the best judge more than anyone else and a lot can be understood when you play around with the TV versus some YouTube review. Besides; these brick and mortar stores are desperate for customers so you could land a good deal. Just make sure you have logistics sorted out on delivery time frame, etc.

Don't rush into anything, let the situation come under control. It's your hard earn money so don't throw it into garbage. Technical gyan only applies when you have a big budget and you can afford to be a total freak. There are good amount of option available in budget like 50k, 70k, 100k and beyond. 50K and around you should go for Vu-Hisense-Toshiba-Mi. In this budget range top 3's products are even worse than these brands.
Yes,
I have a budget of 80k for 65 inch.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back