Beware of ebay seller "jayashree01", real name Jayant Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchased many records from him.Got all the records till last month.Because of the unpleasant communication ,stopped ordering LPs from him last month.There was no cheating in my case,but overall the process is painful.Yes I do find few LPs not upto the mark.And He takes time to dispatch.He was not as abusive as in many of the posts I came across but he is not polite also. Hari and Prem is right.
Dr.Bass how much you paid for the record of Dance Dance?There is new Dance Dance release at Rs 1500.

Thanks Dr Bass. He has been selling on the forum too. Recently he has been banned in this forum. I too have bought a few lps from him. But my transactions went smoothly. A couple of lps were not up to the mark. He readily exchanged them. But he does take a lot of time to deliver the lps. In my case he sent them by Blue Dart and sent me AWB, etc.

I prefer buying from the Mumbai suppliers. Most important thing is I can see them and buy

Please post the details of the Mumbai Sellers.
I totally agree with your experience with Mr.Jayant.
All conversations with him always end with his note.You can stop the discussion only by not posting your comment.So last word is always his.:D

Jitendra Sawala has lot of collection but the prices are similar to Jayant. Yet to know Pilak. Will be in Mumbai for three days .Will go to Jitendra and will find Pilak..Thanks Prem.
Like you ,I have not had any bad experience from Mr.Jayant.I do not find him cheater in any way.Such solitary experiences experienced by Dr.Bass seems to be arising out of some misunderstanding.

I personally like to check the vinyl myself before buying it. To that extent I find it much easier to buy from Mumbai sellers. In case I have a doubt, I hear the vinyl at the sellers place. So I am pretty sure of what I am buying. Also guys in Mumbai by now know my requirements especially when it comes to the quality of the vinyl. So they only call me when they get such stuff. I have had good experience with ngh also. i find Jeetendra and Pilak a bit cheaper than Jayant and ngh. But that maybe because I buy a lot from them

Last edited:
Jitendra Sawala has lot of collection but the prices are similar to Jayant. Yet to know Pilak. Will be in Mumbai for three days .Will go to Jitendra and will find Pilak..Thanks Prem.
Like you ,I have not had any bad experience from Mr.Jayant.I do not find him cheater in any way.Such solitary experiences experienced by Dr.Bass seems to be arising out of some misunderstanding.

There was no misunderstanding, when I did not get my LPs after 5 months of follow up and especially he lying to me continuously that it went missing in shipping, I asked for a refund. He denied and started abusing. I filed a paypal dispute in order to retrieve whatever money I could. What else can a buyer do ? His actions of lying at a drop of the hat and trying to withhold someone else’s money is definitely not gentlemanly. The abuses he has used in the process showed his real character. Such people may not cheat every time but they won’t mind cheating whenever they get an opportunity.

Edit: Posting messages on behalf of banned member not allowed

My apologies Admin as I was not aware of that I cannot copy paste banned member's posts here. Sorry for that again.
As per the rules,I cannot write here in my own words as what Jayant had to say to me his side of the story regarding this particular dealing with dr.bass.

Just to clarify I know Jayant for years now and his knowledge on Retro Music is enviable. I have done enough transactions with him buying records,decks and even audio cassettes and our dealing all along has been nice and friendly. Seems other members here also had pleasant experiences only.

So the concerned member who had a bad experience should take it up personally with him.My 2 cents.

Jitendra's prices are exorbitant and somehow he comes across as a very rough personality as well.
Pilak Bhatt I am sorry to say knows nothing about grading of records. He overgrades them and sells.

My experience with Jeetendra and Pilak have been very good. So also with ngh. IME, the grading of these 3 have been far more accurate than Jayant. In my case, pricing of Jeetendra is lower than Jayant. About 20% lower with better grading policy.

My apologies Admin as I was not aware of that I cannot copy paste banned member's posts here. Sorry for that again.
As per the rules,I cannot write here in my own words as what Jayant had to say to me his side of the story regarding this particular dealing with dr.bass.

Just to clarify I know Jayant for years now and his knowledge on Retro Music is enviable. I have done enough transactions with him buying records,decks and even audio cassettes and our dealing all along has been nice and friendly. Seems other members here also had pleasant experiences only.

So the concerned member who had a bad experience should take it up personally with him.My 2 cents.

There is no "his side of the story"! If he had any evidence of dispatching my LPs he would have presented it to Paypal when I raised the dispute. He had none. It is a first hand experience that I am speaking about. I did not get the LPs and he did not return the money that I could not retrieve through Paypal. These are facts, not my 2 cents. There is no need to defend such people my friend. He cheated me, I am writing it here so that others don't get cheated. I would not cross roads with such people, so taking up personally is out of question.

And yes, the email thread that I mentioned above, a member there also faced a similar situation waiting for his LPs for 4 months and finally resorted to paypal to get a refund. If you expect everyone who probably have been taken for a ride by this guy should post here, thats unrealistic.

I am a member here at HFV for the last 12 years and I would not be writing stuff that I cannot prove.

Last edited:
Jitendra's prices are exorbitant and somehow he comes across as a very rough personality as well.
Pilak Bhatt I am sorry to say knows nothing about grading of records. He overgrades them and sells.

Agree with you. Pilak's packaging is excellent but serious overgrading of used records and no returns as per his website.

There is no "his side of the story"! If he had any evidence of dispatching my LPs he would have presented it to Paypal when I raised the dispute. He had none. It is a first hand experience here that I am speaking about. He did not return the money that I could not retrieve from Paypal. There is no need to defend such people my friend. He cheated me, I am writing it here so that others don't get cheated. I would not cross roads with such people, so taking up personally is out of question.

And yes, the email thread that I mentioned above, a member there also faced a similar situation waiting for his LPs for 4 months and finally resorted to paypal to get a refund. If you expect everyone who probably have been taken for a ride by this guy should post here, thats unrealistic.

As I said you are only telling what you have to say.There is no other side that we can hear here. A cheat will cheat everyone as that is his nature. He won't pick you as the only one.

And if my experience has been good I ought to say that. And saying so or knowing somebody doesn't make me defending anyone. You have shared your experience which is unfortunate. So let others act accordingly.

My experience with Jeetendra and Pilak have been very good. So also with ngh. IME, the grading of these 3 have been far more accurate than Jayant. In my case, pricing of Jeetendra is lower than Jayant. About 20% lower with better grading policy.

Prem I have shared my experience only. I havn't compared anyone. Thanks. Satisfaction is subjective.

Totally agree. The LPs I bought from these Mumbai sellers have been much more consistent, both in terms of grading and price. Actually thanks to Prem who introduced me to these sellers, I have been able to build up a sizeable collection of pristine bollywood LPs.

A cheat will cheat everyone as that is his nature. He won't pick you as the only one.

Lack of integrity...is just that. When and how it manifests into a fraud just depends on opportunities. I gave an opportunity, that was my mistake, hence cautioning my good old friends here.

It is heartening to know that you have not yet been cheated.

Lack of integrity...is just that. When and how it manifests into a fraud just depends on opportunities. I gave an opportunity, that was my mistake, hence cautioning my good old friends here.

It is heartening to know that you have not yet been cheated.

As I said I have been told the other side of the story which others don't know here and which as per forum rules has been deleted by the admins. I clearly can understand now who has what vested interest.

But it's very disheartening to know I must say that you are the only one amongst us who claims to be cheated. We consider ourselves really fortunate. Atleast I do.

As I said I have been told the other side of the story which others don't know here and which as per forum rules has been deleted by the admins. I clearly can understand now who has what vested interest.

Whatever connection you have with Jayant Sur is your personal matter. You may believe his stories, thats also fine. But you are being sarcastic, which is unwarranted. I have just mentioned a real life incident with facts and figures for which I have multiple evidences. I am not cooking stories. It is natural that I will bring it out to expose such sellers and for others to be cautious.

Whatever connection you have with Jayant Sur is your personal matter. You may believe his stories, thats also fine. But you are being sarcastic, which is unwarranted. I have just mentioned a real life incident with facts and figures for which I have multiple evidences. I am not cooking stories. It is natural that I will bring it out to expose such sellers and for others to be cautious.
I have no relation with anyone here. You are free to make your own assumptions. On the contrary I found you to be sarcastic in your last comment where you felt heartening to know that I have not been cheated by your good friend.

And yes I have a reason to believe him as I know him for years now and never faced any issues with any transactions. But neither I know you nor have seen any meaningful posts of yours here for sometime.

Sharing doesn't mean repeating the same story again and again. All are sane people here to judge by their own.

I have no relation with anyone here. You are free to make your own assumptions. On the contrary I found you to be sarcastic in your last comment where you felt heartening to know that I have not been cheated by your good friend.

And yes I have a reason to believe him as I know him for years now and never faced any issues with any transactions. But neither I know you nor have seen any meaningful posts of yours here for sometime.

Sharing doesn't mean repeating the same story again and again. All are sane people here to judge by their own.

From the beginning you seem to be really worried about my postings about this seller. Anyway, I am not here to debate with you personally. If you feel I am repeating myself you are free to skip my postings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back