Bi directional HDMI switcher

msankadi

Hi

I have a projector as well as a TV in my living room. All the things run through my AVR Yamaha ht 3072. Unfortunately my avr doesn't have 2 HDMI outs so it is not easy for me to switch between the tv and projector.

I was looking for a good HDMI switch which can help me switch the output between my projector and tv. I searched on amazon and found quite a few very cheap bi directional HDMI switches. I need 2 outputs (Monitor and TV) and 1 input (AVR)

I am scared to buy it as I am afraid it will degrade the quality. I use almost all 4k sources through my avr so I need the full 4k60p output. Do any of you have any experience with such devices? Is there a tested device (even 2x-3x price of above is okay) that will give me the same video quality as the input?

Well, the reviews are very good. Normally I trust the reviews so long as there are a fair number of them, which in this case there are.

Monoprice (monoprice.com) is a good brand and stuff I bought from there has generally been good.

Check out Kinivo hdmi splitter. I am not sure it's bidirectional or not but I'm using it (actually two , with two 4k players) with 4k Blu-ray player. It supports 4k HDR, Dolby vision and ATMOS

Ps, there is a Kinivo hdmi splitter on sale in classified section. It's I think 4hdmi -1hdmi. Just to let you know.

Instead of the HDMI switch you need the HDMI Splitter which can address your address. I am using a Monoprice Splitter since last 5 years with the similar set up without any issues.

Hi

I have a projector as well as a TV in my living room. All the things run through my AVR Yamaha ht 3072. Unfortunately my avr doesn't have 2 HDMI outs so it is not easy for me to switch between the tv and projector.

I was looking for a good HDMI switch which can help me switch the output between my projector and tv. I searched on amazon and found quite a few very cheap bi directional HDMI switches. I need 2 outputs (Monitor and TV) and 1 input (AVR)

I am scared to buy it as I am afraid it will degrade the quality. I use almost all 4k sources through my avr so I need the full 4k60p output. Do any of you have any experience with such devices? Is there a tested device (even 2x-3x price of above is okay) that will give me the same video quality as the input?
Yes, this should work. A simple HDMI splitter would also work. I used to use one for the same purpose. It sent out a parallel signal to both HDMI outs. I only had Full HD and did not notice any signal degradation.

MaSh

I had bought the u green one and it was delivered yesterday... However there was signal distortion on one of the outputs so I have asked for replacement... I am using it for a 4k60 signal

I had bought the u green one and it was delivered yesterday... However there was signal distortion on one of the outputs so I have asked for replacement... I am using it for a 4k60 signal
Just an update things seem to be falling into place nicely touchwood... After returning the u green hdmi switcher I ordered the kivio one with 2 to 1 hdmi and it is working perfectly with the 4k 60 output and sends full audio upto dts HD as well which is max for my Receiver... So happy this rules out one major reason for me to upgrade my avr

Just an update things seem to be falling into place nicely touchwood... After returning the u green hdmi switcher I ordered the kivio one with 2 to 1 hdmi and it is working perfectly with the 4k 60 output and sends full audio upto dts HD as well which is max for my Receiver... So happy this rules out one major reason for me to upgrade my avr
Please share the link.

Also, is it a solution to my non-4k, non-eARC AVR, where, from my source, one HDMI goes to TV and the other goes to AVR from DTS-HD-MA and Dolby True HD?

Please share the link.

Also, is it a solution to my non-4k, non-eARC AVR, where, from my source, one HDMI goes to TV and the other goes to AVR from DTS-HD-MA and Dolby True HD?
I am facing some issues with fire stick on tv have ordered new hdmi cables to check... Pc 4k 60 is working perfectly on the projector though

It does support dts hd ma... But my avr doesn't support dolby true hd so can't comment on that

Link below

Kinivo Premium 4K HDMI Switch/Splitter HDMI Switcher - Supports 4K @ 60Hz, 3D, Full HD and Ultra HD (240BN - 2 Port) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07MJ5HH97...abc_AVMQ35R2JFRRS024A9D5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back