Blues Blues!

Cadillac Records currently available on Apple TV is an interesting movie for Blues enthusiasts. Tells the story of Chess Records and how it opened up the music business for a whole host of blues players such as Muddy Waters, Little Walters, Howlin Wolf, Chuck Berry , Etta James (Beyoncé Knowles) . Mos Def plays Chuck Berry. A clip from the movie featuring Muddy Waters and Little Walters recording for Chess Records.

And the real Little Walters here.

In my previous post I missed out Chuck Berry and Bo Diddley. They are such early form of rock 'n roll that they are almost like slightly faster paced blues. Chuck Berry's "Great 28" is a legendary collection. But I prefer Bo Diddley - his chess collection is amazing.

Both the chess releases of Bo Diddley and Howlin Wolf are simply perfect - whoever compiled them knew what they were doing.

Likewise check out early albums of Bob Marley and the Wailers (not the 'Legend' collection) - it is the Carribbean take on Blues.

Other notable works :)

Elmore James - The sky is crying (collection)
Mississippi Fred Mcdowell - I do not play no rock 'n roll
Guitar Slim - Suffering mind (collection)
Clarence Gatemouth Brown - Peacock recordings
Otis Rush - Right place wrong time
John Lee Hooker - The Healer (with Santana)
Howlin wolf London sessions (Clapton on guitar)
Sonny Boy Williamson with Yardbirds (Clapton on guitar)
Otis Spann - Biggest thing since Colossus (Peter Green on guitar)
Muddy Waters - Fathers and Sons (Mike Bloomfield on guitar)
Rory Gallagher - Irish Tour
Johnny Winter - 3rd Degree

Amazing recording quality on this album!

81R-3FaeK+L._SL1400_.jpg

I was into only hindi film OSTs and ghazals until I started using streaming services. I have different ways of choosing songs and one of them is taking some from TV series I watch. I noted this one from the TV series Billions and love the energy and probably that is the reason, never pay attention to the lyrics and I just sail with it blindly :).

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back