Bluetooth receiver

vnmathur57

I am finding playing music via Bluetooth through mobile is most convenient for some casual listening( mostly YT music, Tune In etc). I bought 2 - 3 al- cheapo BT receivers from Amazon found the gain too weak for connecting directly to Amp. While looking for something better, I came across an Auris Blume HD Long Range Bluetooth 5.0 Music Receiver.
Does this, or similar devices in this range, give line level output so that signal could be fed directly to the Stereo Amp without needing a preamp in between?
Thanks in advance for any guidance.
- vnmathur

I am finding playing music via Bluetooth through mobile is most convenient for some casual listening( mostly YT music, Tune In etc). I bought 2 - 3 al- cheapo BT receivers from Amazon found the gain too weak for connecting directly to Amp. While looking for something better, I came across an Auris Blume HD Long Range Bluetooth 5.0 Music Receiver.
Does this, or similar devices in this range, give line level output so that signal could be fed directly to the Stereo Amp without needing a preamp in between?
Thanks in advance for any guidance.
- vnmathur
Hi :)

Ive used a BlueMe HD for around 1.5 year. But only using its optical out to feed my dac. So cant comment on its analogue output quality. But the reviews are very positive on amazon etc. So maybe worth a punt :)

During my usage, I found the connection to be very robust and never dropping even when I strolled round the house. I used to connect via LDAC codec from my android tab. And the sound quality was really good. I used a cheap 5V LPSU from china that I had with me for dog's years. It was a noticable improvement over the supplied Wallwart, so well worth investigating if you get the BlueMe HD. All the best :)

Ive used a BlueMe HD for around 1.5 year. But only using its optical out to feed my dac. So cant comment on its analogue output quality. But the reviews are very positive on amazon etc. So maybe worth a punt :)

During my usage, I found the connection to be very robust and never dropping even when I strolled round the house. I used to connect via LDAC codec from my android tab. And the sound quality was really good. I used a cheap 5V LPSU from china that I had with me for dog's years. It was a noticable improvement over the supplied Wallwart, so well worth investigating if you get the BlueMe HD. All the best :)
Thanks for your valuable advice. I do have spare wallwart. Will surely try.

Thanks for your valuable advice. I do have spare wallwart. Will surely try.

I meant i replaced the wallwart with a LPSU. ( Linear power supply unit ). But if you cant find a LPSU, you might post a wanted thread on the forum. There must be lots of folks with spare LPSU's in storage.

I've also heard good things about the ifi low ripple power supplies. Worth checking up their website if you dont get offered any LPSU's from over here. All the best, and please do share how you find it's analogue output. As once iam back home, I plan on using same from its analogue output to a vintage amp, for a no frills music system in my dining room.

Auris Blume is good. But IMO the IFI Zen blue is the best available BT receiver we can get. Audioengine B1 too is good, but expensive.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back